Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Sunday afternoon

Yesterday was my second day of broken promise that I didn't write something....but to be honest, I don't feel so bad about it. In my defense Caitlin hogged the computer most of the day “studying.” But “whatever.” It’s just as well that I wrote nothing yesterday since my attitude was one of sucking most of the day. In my defense again it was mostly inward, fighting demons and not outward attitude however; I did expect that the terribleness of my attitude would have leaked like a sieve if I had put fingers to keyboard so it’s just as well that I had little or no opportunity with the computer.

And since Caitlin will be needing the computer again for studying’s sake, I may not have much more time to write so I will say this. I am so so so glad it’s this Sunday and not last Sunday because we would be starting fasting instead of it being a week behind me. I wish there were a lot of things behind me but alas that is not the case....yet. But my mind, will and emotions will line up with the word of God that says as I have previously stated, I am the head and not the tail. I am the righteousness in Christ Jesus and that’s a good thing because mine by myself smells worse than dog pooh so it's a great thing for me to have hooked on up with Jesus 29 years ago. And God has been faithful and He continues to be faithful no matter what the circumstance.

Football is on TV and I just don’t get the appeal but almost everyone else is thrilled about it. But very shortly I will be taking a major nap and therefore will be sleeping through most of football Sunday. After being out of the house working for the last several years, it's very strange not to be preparing to go to work on Monday morning. It’s an adjustment for me but I enjoy being at home with Olivia and Owen. Thinking about going to get a job sort of makes my gut flop upside down when I think about leaving them here to do their own schoolwork but once again I will trust God with my future and theirs. Where it will lead us, I don’t know yet.

Our lunch....Lasagna....smells great and my eyelids are getting heavy….oh and Whitney is now the proud owner of a baby turtle and she is faced with a moral dilemma. How does she save one animal by sacrificing another? In order to nourish the turtle she has to feed it a worm and as we were speaking on the phone, I could hear the uncertainty in her voice as she didn’t know what she would do. She was somewhat concerned that it was lunchtime when we were speaking and turtle was expecting something because of that very fact. All turtles I have ever met have their own little turtle wrist watches and make sure they're on a regular time clock when it came to lunchtime.

As we were finishing our conversation, she knew not what she would....regarding the worm sacrifice but I will update myself later on what happened. I am suspecting she will try to introduce turtle to a vegetarian lifestyle. It’s a cliffhanger for sure…..

Later that same day…..well the update on the turtle crisis is he ate no worm and she was relieved for the worm but worried for the turtle. So she has decided to let it go free but she has not yet released him into his destiny. I did ask her about the whole vegetarian thing and she said she did think about it, just as I suspected.

Also on anther note sadly there is a stray dog in the neighborhood but the inn is full at the Herrock house.

Church was really good today and I am trying to do a better job of maintaining my peace. It’s not like I can do much about it anyway. All I know to say is God help me because I can’t do it myself. Getting and keeping peace is maybe the hardest thing I try to achieve in this life but I am fighting to win this battle that's not really even mine to win. Because I know that God is my source and my shield I will ask Him to help me and I know He is faithful to rescue me. Someday I will share the most amazing story of what God did for me this week but I’m not ready to tell it just yet. But in spite of how afraid I may get at times I know God will never leave me even when I have had to say it out loud this week more than one time. Worship music and a wonderful big family and a great husband and kids also helps. Thank you God for all these things.

I had this idea today and I’m certain it is Holy Spirit inspired so I will give Him all the credit but I told John tonight when we walk instead of talking about all the problems we face, let’s go over all the things God has done for us. And so we began our 45 minute walk and we proceeded to take up almost the whole 45 minutes with all that God has blessed us with in almost 30 years of friendship and marriage. He reminded me and I reminded him of some things each of us had forgotten. And our list is long. So we walked and thanked God for the things He has done for us and we will together dream of things we have yet to see or do but will continue to believe for the outrageous. I know God is faithful and great is His faithfulness.

I love you Lord and I will be forever grateful that you saved my soul and gave me a wonderful family.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I'm sure I aced that class.