Friday, October 9, 2009

Conspiracies and mosquitoes

Well it would seem that I turned the world upside down because I served red beans and rice for supper. I really have to watch my back on this kind of night because I can hear the whispers and the plotting against me for planning such a meal. You would think just one night of beans wouldn’t be enough to convict me of child abuse but Emma especially sees it as a terrible offense. And speaking of Emma, since I have seen her today, she has talked as fast as a motorboat moves. If I didn’t keep up, I may be tossed off the back of the boat. The instant she walked in the door this afternoon I had to be ready to listen and respond and be on my toes because the conversation that she thought we were having in her head had already begun before she came in the door. I have to find the battery pack on her and pop it out for a bit just for a little rest time. It’s sooo unusual for her to be this way because she is usually so genteel...it’s been quite shocking.

On the school front Owen and I had another rough day of it with an hour long fight about writing a descriptive story about ANYTHING. I did win however which of course is no surprise...as I knew I would...but I had no idea how much he hates writing. And so now because I apparently hate myself I told him we will start writing something every day until I know he’s comfortable with his ability to write an essay. Why did I make that decree? Oh yea, because college is in 30 minutes, he has to be prepared and I’m nothing if not vigilant about schoolwork.

On another fake crisis front it seems that Addy has an ear infection because she’s been walking around lopsided for several days and according to the Internet, that lopsidedness signifies an ear infection. Olivia noticed that she was leaning towards the Jones’ and so if our home remedies don’t work…again from the Internet….I will have to take her to the vet...ugh...get better Addy now! But it’s slightly amusing to see her when the doctoring is about to commence because she knows what’s coming and it’s game on…..chase her down! Poor pup. I didn’t even know dogs could get ear infections. I just hope she doesn’t need buttons and wax plugs to keep the water out.

And lastly our walk tonight was extremely wonderful since the temperature dropped about 10 to 15 degrees in the last 24 hours but there's no rest for the weary walker because the mosquitoes are the size of buzzards and they're organized. They were dive bombing us even as we were moving and again I had no idea they could fly and keep up and attack all at the same time. Every now and then one would swoop and buzz close to my ear clearly taunting me. And the bug people aren’t even spraying so the mosquitoes have a huge head start. Sigh... Off to bed. God save us from the bugs and the vermin that I know are out there but I'd just as soon ignore.

No comments: