Saturday, October 31, 2009

Angelic activity or Feathers?

This is a story about reinventing feather pillows and an idea that didn't turn out quite as I expected
Some ideas are better in theory

Originated by Lisa
12-31-2007


Lisa
So I taped Funniest Commercials 2007 on TBS the other night. I was watching it last night and one of the commercials was French and it was of all these people having a pillow fight...(they were selling vodka I DID NOT get the connection) anyway it reminded me about "a project" (finger quotes) with some of my own pillows that I had been wanting to try.....so I went down a road. Mind you it was about 11:15 PM when I started this. So I have 4 feather pillows.....2 alike and 2 alike......all 4 are pretty flat as flitters.....so I had the idea that I would combine the 2's alike and make 2 FULL pillows and not have 4 flat flitters. ANYWAY I got the smaller set of 2, cut a hole in one end and made a bigger hole in the pillow I was gonna take the feathers out of. SO......my first mistake was starting inside the house. Do you know how slippery and light goose feathers are? If you didn't know let me say right now they can get away from you real quick like. It was evident very shortly after I began that the feathers were a coming and a going at random.....and rapidly. I decided right after the release of a large amount that I was gonna have to take it outside....so I did. I was alone at first.....then I yelled for Olivia and said, "Hair brained schemes are not usually carried out alone Olivia so come out here and help me!" Now Olivia is trying to cover herself......her freshly washed hair at huge risk........holding a pillow......limp wristed........feathers flying EVERYWHERE......neighborhood dogs barking their heads off......it's looking like a freaking snow storm in my back yard......Addy is running around like crazy grabbing feathers as they fly by.......I AM COVERED in feathers........pfffft......pffft.....blowing stuff out of my mouth......a haze of matter on my head.....my orange shirt had a whitish hue. Needless to say it did not go exactly as I expected. I got as many feathers transferred as was possible........sewed up the pillow.....it looked good. I did not learn my lesson........did the other 2 BIGGER pillows.......it was much more of the same......on a bigger scale......because they were bigger......this time Owen helping......Olivia refused.......he was much less help.......dogs still barking.....Addy still running.....feathers still flying......some reached the moon......I looked at the clock at 12:15AM as I was sewing up my second pillow......it may have been an odd time of night to start a project. I still have feathers pretty much in every room of my house. It looks like some birds died a horrible death in my backyard.......as I was telling Billie June this afternoon when she was having lunch with us, "look there goes a feather flying by"......it's been happening alot since last night........think it will for some time to come.......John said, "It kind of looks like that pillow commercial that we saw." I said, "That's where I got the idea!!" Best laid plans.....or Lucy and Ethel ideas.....sigh......

Melanie
Tears and trying to get my breath..........................so very funny. This time Lucy/Ethel me was nowhere around yea!

Caitlin
I forgot to hit reply all and so two people got exclusive emails. Feel special... But anyway to sum it up... After mom was finished with her pillow escapades she had the nerve to say they might be too full! And there is no explanation good enough to explain talking to rocks except for plain craziness... Oh! And I completely adore Kent Henry! He's just incredibly fantastic! I think that's all for now... This whole Internet on the phone thing is awesome!

Emma
haha that was hilarious!

Judy
Sorry to throw a serious note in here, but WHITE FEATHERS have always represented ANGELIC ACTIVITY to me. So........I wonder......Imagine, angels roaming loose and at random throughout your house, yard, neighborhood.....

Lisa
well there were LOTS AND LOTS of angels in my back yard then.......I'm talking millions

Carrie
words just cant' describe Lucy/Ethel moments... wish I could have been there and uuuuhhhh WHAT Walker women DOESNT start a project at midnight???????????????????????????????????????????

Carrie
and oh yeah can you blame Livvy for running the other way?????????????NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! noticed you didn't EVEN try with the other 2 daughters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsey
if only video cameras followed us around....

Carrie
well actually using the phone to check email is cool but even more confusing to me and others.... I am sure that is what EVERYONE wants to be MORE confused when it comes to my email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ANYWHO!!!
so you are saying that even though Lucy I mean Lisa created the "feather snowstorm" it could actually have represented angelic activity???? this is a serious question to your serious statement...When we went on the "cruise from hell".....I had a vision of all our guardian angels surrounding the ship....I can still see it...... best part of that "experience"...

Judy
I'm saying it could be taken as a prophetic statement of all the angelic activity we (Lisa) might be about to SEE - there's already that much activity really going on. I say this because God had already 'said' to me there would be increased angelic activity on the other side of this current threshhold we're in the process of crossing over.

Lisa
Amen and hallelujah....bring on the angels

Carrie
COOL!!!

P.S. The reference to the rock talking will be explained in the next post but I thought this one should go first.

2 comments:

gnar car said...

hahahha. i remember this! it's not like you to get such hair brained schemes, lisa....

Lisa said...

What can I say I had a weak moment