Wednesday, October 21, 2009

This was an email that tried to elicit a response

The title was....How do you get candle wax out of clothes?
Originated October 2, 2007
By guess who? That's right...

Whitney
and by the way mollie, I wore your dress today.YIKES!

(And Mollie bit hook, line and sinker)
Mollie
oh my gah! what dress?

Whitney
Just kidding!!!!!!Its my black strapless dress from old navy...no biggie.
But, still, how do you get wax out of clothes?

(We all know just kidding is a quote originated by
Emma when she said she would kick her saintly mother.)


Mollie
whew..goodness. i was so worried.well i do not know how to get wax out of clothes.

Whitney
worried about the dress? what about me? I could have been burned!

Mollie
but you are fine. obviously. otherwise you wouldn't
be asking about the dress.wink.

Lindsey and Becky then weighed in on suggestions for wax removal with a website and Becky being the Home Economics major (what were you thinking) added some sage advice.

Lindsey
Here you go whit. Try this.

Becky
I would make a suggestion to this wikihow instruction --
Be sure to place a brown grocery back UNDER the garment as well over the garment since some of the wax will/may melt ONTO the ironing board. Also, if it is 'glob' of wax, try to pull as much off before starting the iron process.

Whitney
Thank you all for caring about me and my dress. The wax has been successfully removed although it was touch and go for a while...it was just smearing....but alas, it came totally off. Whew. (She had a little winky smiley face that I can't add. If anyone knows how to add them HELP ME!)

Lindsey
Whitney. I would like to see you make that face of your emoticon.
(Did Lindsey just coin a new word?
If she did it's brilliant! And of course she is referring
to the cute smiley I can't import yet.)

No comments: