Thursday, August 9, 2012

Back to the beach

With the first full day at the beach comes setting up tents, slathering tons of suntan lotion and parking the buttocks for fun, sun, surf and people watching. I'm very happy to report no thongs this year, but we did have a very dramatic water rescue to spectate. OK, it wasn't really dramatic, but it did involve 3 different sets of rescuers trying to help peeps who got knocked off their kayak in deep water. I'm happy to report the story had a good ending with all making it safely to shore. And all our kayakers did a good job of going out and coming back with almost no mishaps. But more about that later. But as I stated each day while there, personally I'm always looking for "pool like conditions" in the gulf, cause I hate getting the crap kicked out of me by heavy waves. Because a crap kicking wave reminds you who's in charge....just in case you forget. Many times during the week as I was almost out of the water a wave would sneak up behind me and kick me in the rear as if to say, "TAKE THAT!!" It annoyed me every single time. Especially in my weakened condition due to surgery. OK, that phrase may have been overused a bit during the beach vacay as well as maybe yesterday. Anyway, a group of 30 people on the beach can make for quite a crowd and chair stealing.

Settling in for the day.


Austin and Jared got Billie to the beach in her big wheels. She was very pleased.


Billie's personal assistant must be looking for something.


Can't live without those Maxine glasses. She's transformed every time she puts them on.


Those are baseball glasses doubling as beach sunnies.


Loving the hat on the Magster.


Emma looks cute in her dinner plate sized glasses.


Looking good in that orange hat Carlie T.


But Willie D wins the prize for the cutest hat and sunglass wearer.


I mean really.


Hanging with the Grampers.


Until he got tuckered out and had to enter his little tent for a nap.


Safe and secure from sun and sand, even though a huge crab got his tummy.


Alls I got to say here is OLE!


Joe never had a drop of gulf water on him.


Girlies chillin by the seaside.


Connie loved the beach. Jim? Not so much.


Just some of our peeps. And you can't tell here, but the sky was growing dark over there.


See? The wind picked up and our tents got busy in a hurry flapping and going and blowing. But doesn't the water look fantastic here?


But the storm did pass and we were able to enjoy the rest of the afternoon.


We already know Carlie's committed to making the weird face. At least here she's trying to make William smile. I know I'd be laughing at that. BOO YA!


She seems to have discovered something puzzling.


Awww cute of dad and daughter. However, no one ever successfully stole that hideous shirt from him. His name must be Jethro or Bubba. Gots to be.


Then Austino took a turn to entertain. Looks like he hit paydirt with the Willie boy.


Cute pic. But Emma those glasses could serve a 10 course meal! They're huge!


Aww cute of mom and daughter.


Walkers walking. Maybe the first recorded photo of Mollie unaware of a camera focused on her. It's as rare an occurrence as a bald eagle in my back yard.....I don't know. This is hard people!


Aww dad and daughters by the seaside.


Sissies.


Grumpy old men.


Someone's missing.


And as the sun set on our first day, we had yummy enchiladas for supper.


And Bill gave a two big thumbs up for the successful baby bjorn sacking up of the wee babe.


But there was more to come later that night. What happened when John went fishing? Since I already screwed up the suspense by posting a pic of his catch, there will be no big reveal. But y'all come back anyway.

Night nappys.

2 comments:

gnar car said...

hahaha. whatever to your comment about me but thanks for the orange hat!!

Anonymous said...

Man I want to go back right now!!