Tuesday, August 14, 2012

This week so far

These are the things that have happened since we last met. Even though we haven't.

Last Thursday and Friday I saw the Willie D, and OMG he gets cuter by the second. By the second!


On Saturday nothing happened.

On Sunday afternoon Caitlin was making a dessert for that evening and as she was getting bowls out of the cabinet, she dropped one and this happened.

That's freaking plastic! How do you break plastic?!?! I've had that bowl longer than she's been my first born. But, I very calmly told my darling eldest daughter it was OK and not to stress about it at all. Or something less truthful than that. People who know....zip it.

Also on Sunday Emma returned from her impromptu beach trip, a little wealthier as well as grateful to be home....and glad she doesn't have 2 year old twins. I second that. Sunday night, for the second time in a month, we had major plumbing issues when water flooded both our bathrooms. This led to the discovery that our azaleas have grown into the pipes and therefore we must get new ones.....pipes, not azaleas. It makes me sooo happy.

On Monday Emma started workshops at school to learn how to be the freestyle editor for the college paper. Olivia's very concerned she'll now hear and learn much more about editing and the freestyle section than she ever dreamed possible. While on her lunch break Emma, Olivia and I went to get lunch at Chick-fil-a on the other side of the river, and as we were driving along the highway we saw an inmate walking while pretending to work. He was wearing a black and white striped suit instead of the regular orange jumpsuit, which brought to my attention they changed their outfits and no one called to tell me. Anyway, even though we were in a moving car and he was walking, we discussed the fact he had committed some sort of offense and therefore it was disturbing he was out and seemingly unattended. This then prompted Olivia to say, "I think their outfits should be color coded to identify their crime like a karate belt identifies different levels." We then assigned colors to crimes. Of course red or orange would be for a murderer, green for stealing or embezzlement, white would be drugs...obviously. Finally yellow would be for car related crimes. A brilliant idea was born that afternoon.

Last night John and I went to a meeting at Owen's school, and as I was sitting there I was so happy I'm not in high school. Soooo happy.


Today this box came in the mail, and even though none of what was inside was for me, the finery and details of the box was very exciting.


Which brings me to school starting tomorrow for me. Beginning tomorrow, at 3:00, I'll be hanging with the peeps til parents come pick them up. CANNOT believe summer's over! How? Why? When? Where? I don't know. But because John and Caitlin have real jobs, they didn't have a summer vacay, which evokes no sympathy for those of us starting back to a regular schedule. Although, with a 2 1/2 hour workday, my job evokes little sympathy from anyone.

And last but not least, Addy's struggling to stay stress free with the fast pace of the fall schedule upon us.

Such a nut.

The work on beach posts is ongoing. They will be forthcoming. I started this post at 10:34 and it's now 1:10. Two hours and 1/2 hours to write these few words. Jiminy.

This is where we part peeps.

Ta

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Yeah right like you handled it that way! And I want Addy's life...