Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The birds, the boy, and other boys...

Well, I'm overwhelmed with the number of photos and posts it's going to take to get all of Florida posted. Some people foolishly take too many photos. But I can't help myself! I may have to rethink the amount of photos I actually post. I've enlisted the help of Olivia to look with me and cull some. She's brutal....but there are so many! And with the photostreaming we do, y'all have already seen all of them anyway.

Today will be my first day at Gap. Although I lived a full summer, I cannot believe it's over and Christmas will be here in 5 minutes. I say that every year. But it's true. 

Yesterday Emma came by for lunch and as she was leaving, she saw this little guy in our carport.

We had a box turtle in our yard a few years ago and it laid eggs. I suspect it's one of those. We are a turtle reserve/relocation service. 


I've rethought my posting of Florida a little, so instead of posting about the trip in order, I'm picking some events and then will go from there. It will come together, I'm just not sure how yet. 

First up is William and the seagull feeding. If you're on the beach and have one crumb of food nearby, it takes about 3 minutes for the seagulls to figure it out. So the boy enjoyed feeding old cheese crackers and anything else we had on hand. It made for quite the photo shoot. 



A bird headed boy right here. 





The birds cooperated quite nicely for an interesting series of pics. 

I'll close with these two tid bits of insight into our life....

This conversation happened between Owen and the rest of our family the other day at the dinner table. "Owen are you gonna shower?" Owen...after sniffing himself, "I'm staring to smell a little oniony so I guess I will." The rest of us pelted him with comments of disgust. And I said, "I never thought you were gonna be a gross boy."

This conversation happened between me and John the other night. John, "I'm thinking about doing something." Me, "Is it something stupid?" John, "You might think so, but I don't." He then proceeded to lay out his plan for taking his shark fishing tackle to Columbia (the town not the country) and fish for alligator gar. I asked him what he was gonna do with one if he caught it and he said he'd let it go. "So," I said, "You're gonna go down there and pick a fight with an unsuspecting alligator gar and afterwards just let it go. Yep, and made perfect sense to him. So basically he's gonna go punch a fish in the nose and then say....just kidding....but I WILL kick you. 

Two boys. 

Two much testosterone. 

Off to school very soon....hoping for the best.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a great first day!!!

CAW said...

Haha boys....that cute little bird headed boy will soon be that oniony smelling one.. haha as much as yal try... it will happen....have a great day at work

gnar car said...

happy first day back and i love the seagull pics!

Mollie_Walker said...

I'm very glad you're posting again!!!!!!!!!!! Have a fun first day!

Emma said...

hahahah I didn't know about the alligator gar story!! Now I understand why he talked about catching one the other day. Such a weirdo.

Look at me, Mom! I'm commenting on your blog!

Anonymous said...

oy vey I guess I am ok with the pics of me in the birds! The things we do for the grand babies

Becky said...

LOVE the bird pics....and gross boys are just to be expected!! It's what they do. Good news-they get over it and become not gross. Thank goodness for that :)