Saturday, August 16, 2014

Everybody else called him Socks

But I called him Buster. I don't know why I ever started calling him that. But I thought he looked like a Buster and I also thought he was the neatest horse I've ever known. I've only known two or three. He was quite a character and the only horse that loved to take a selfie with me. We took a lot of them together. And I loved to feed him and Hank apple oat treats. 

This may sound strange to people. But. Pets are something I do to myself, because there's no special place for the animal I don't know. But then we get a cat or a dog or a horse and then it's over and I'm a goner. And then I'm signed up and available for heartache.

It's been a bad year for us and animals. 

First Rosie...

Then WIllie...



And now Buster. 

He looked so pretty in our pasture. 
He and Hank together were big buds. 
This is the greatest photo bomb in the history of our selfies.
He was trying to open the gate when he thought I wasn't looking. 
Then was all like, "Nothing to see here."
We loved to take pictures together.
And he would try to bite my shoulder. 
Love this one.
He loved a tree snack of leaves.
Such a cutie.
He looks like a giant in this picture with Hank.
I hope Hank will be all right without him.
There they are grazing and having the place to themselves, next to our Cypress that's now gone as well.  
He let it be known when he was ready for his treats and would nod his head for more. 
I'm going to miss him so much.
I hope heaven really has all the animals I love and miss.

That's what I hope.

2 comments:

CAW said...

:-(...... he was so pretty

Becky said...

so sad - I feel certain there are animals in heaven...and I will not be annoyed ;-)