Monday, August 18, 2014

Lisa's photos from the beach day 2

Just some things....

Our Internet was out last night otherwise I would have reported that today is Owen's first day in college. It's our last first day of college for our kids. Can. Not. Believe. It. Last night at about 11:00, when Caitlin asked if he had his stuff ready for class, he looked surprised and alarmed. It was then he started looking at moodle (the school thing with all the info for the students) and became concerned he hadn't prepared. He was pretty nervous but I suspect he'll be OK. He just needs to get this first day under his belt. It's a whole new world for him starting now.

UPDATE: He likes his teachers so far. And just as I suspected he's already made a friend, who is a girl, and walked her back to her dorm? Wait a minute.... This afternoon he's off to his campus job until 5:00 which means I'll be gone before he gets home which means I have to wait til tonight for more info. IF I get anymore. 

Friday at work there was a three year old boy who was sobbing tears because he had to come to Gap and then 15 minutes later was laughing and playing on the playground and when I said to him, "Look at you! Why were you crying a few minutes ago?" He said, "Because I'm scared of you!" I have such a way with children. 

Saturday John washed out our carport and semi-organized the load of crap that is ALWAYS out there. Now our home no longer looks as if we've decorated it for Halloween with cobwebs and such. Then yesterday John took his shark fishing tackle to Columbia (remember the town not the country) and tried his hand at fishing for alligator gar. When he got home last night he asked, "How many gar do you think I caught?" My answer...which was none....was correct. I could have told him he wasn't gonna. I just have a way of knowing the fish. 

Our little yard turtle was sighted today by Olivia. So far so good for him. 

After seeing all the ALS ice bucket challenges on the Internet over the past week, I never dreamed it would come to rest at our house. But indeed it has. I'll be waiting to see the dunkings that have to happen before 9:00 tonight. Mine's over!! And I donated! 

Lets get back to Florida again....
Day 2 looked much the same as day one except for babies not feeling so good. I don't need to commentate when people are sunbathing. Besides, you know who these people are! 






The must do when at the beach? Get buried in the sand. 
At first he wasn't so sure...
Then he was sorta OK.
Then he wasn't...
Then it was over...
Then he was still cute.
And with a scrunched up nose. 
And with the Mom. 
And one more. 
Look at that stud in the middle.
Bill singing...."Here I come to save the day!!!!" This is a song reference from the old cartoon Mighty Mouse in case you didn't get that. It's never good to have to explain a joke. 
John caught a crab. 
William saw the crab.
Then the crab....a little pissed....went back home
What kind of hat is this when's it's turned like that?! I looked up different hats on the google machine and found nothing. This amuses me. 
Tiny lifeguard on duty.
Look at all the people in his glasses looking at him and taking his pic.
By the seaside with Carrie.
Then they went to the pool.
And there was this action shot.
And this cute shot.
And this shot which Bill thought made him look like a housewife, cause he's got the baby and Lindsey's got the drink. 
William loved the pool.
Poor little Mims just didn't feel good this day. 
Lucas in this hat is just too much. 
He came to the beach that afternoon. 
And seemed reflective about the ocean and its vastness. 
Then enjoyed his time with GGmaw.

GGmaw stealing some sugar. 
And he agreed to take a photo with the parents. 
William became a cookie monster.
I actually like this picture of me with the boys even though Lucas is giving his classic little baby stink eye. The kid is a master at it!
That's not a stink eye.
This is clearly, "Tomorrow at dawn we ride!" Yes I know that's not original. 
Storm blew in for just a tiny bit.
The Turner abode.
And Melanie attempted a photo bomb.
Then an all three cute picture. 

And that's the beach day two as seen from my camera. 

I'm still cranking out posts like a beast but realistically do we think I can keep up this level of posting for much longer? 

I mean come on.

I've got to get it in gear and go be the scarer of three year olds..

I'm really not mean. Just very very very firm.

I'm really a nice person!

OK, I'm done.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such cute pics and they jog the memories and make me wish I was there again!!

CAW said...

haha heard about the "mean lady" haha!!! love the posts

Unknown said...

Hahahaha he was scared of you! So funny!

John said...

It was a fun trip - enjoying the pics. Wish we had another week.

Mollie_Walker said...

I'm LOVING the baby pictures at the beach

Becky said...

Great pics these. Fun, fun trip. Let's do it again!! Love all the pics of the ggma with the boys. So precious. I cannot believe my youngest nephew is in College now. It's too much!