Sunday, June 29, 2014

Just a few tales to tell

Procrastination and wasting time are beautiful things. Unless you are a blogger. That's me, the procrastinating blogger. But it takes so long to upload photos and blah blah blah...it gets old quick. Because I can procrastinate so well, I've successfully put off graduations and the documentation thereof for over a month now. Yay me! I have much to blog about and since I'm leaving on Wednesday, I gotta move fast. 

But a few things first...

When we went to Corsicana last month, John forgot to take his toothbrush and had to make an emergency run to Wal Mart to get one. Keep that in mind. 

While in the hotel in Baton Rouge Caitlin dropped her toothbrush on the carpeted floor, and since she's not a boy, she had to have a new one. She got a temp while there and when we got home she went to Wal Mart and bought a new one. You see where this is going. Tuesday after all things were unpacked and we were all under one roof, John was about to brush his teeth before bedtime. He came out of the bathroom with identical toothbrushes asking with whom he was toothbrush twinkles. Yes that's correct. There are no less than 1 billion kinds of toothbrushes in the world. When you think about brands and sizes and colors and kinds and softness and adult and medium. But with all the choices of toothbrushes in the world, John and Caitlin had gone shopping in two different cities in two different states on two different days and bought the exact same toothbrush. What are the freaking odds? He then presented the dilemma to his eldest and as I listened from the den it amused me greatly. She was grieved in her soul. We now have new bathroom rules that include toothbrush zones and none shall cross the invisible lines. But even so, I suspect Caitlin will flinch first and purchase another brush before John. After all he is a boy. 

Last night our lights went out due to a storm blowing in and out very quickly. The lights came back on in a bit and when we went to bed our TV wasn't working and as John was trying to fix it I was leaning against the bed. Suddenly and without warning my feet began to slide out from under me and lickety split I was on the floor before I knew what happened. It was quite the amusing shock. Then today as Emma was entering our bedroom to harass Addy, who was wallowing in there along with Caitlin and Olivia, her shirt got caught on the doorknob and as she kept going, the shirt did not and after the dust settled, Emma was flat on her back on the floor. We all erupted into giggles and ended up with laughing tears from the incident. It was hilar. 

That's all my stories for now and since I have nothing to claim but laziness, I'll begin more posts with Olivia's graduation. 

Check back if you are out there people. 

Is anyone out there anymore?

I'm not sure....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still here and savoring every word you write and every pic you post!! Love them all