Tuesday, May 17, 2016

There's life and then there's tee-ball

This has been a less than stellar week for health and human services in our household. OK, not really human services, but it always goes with health. 

OK, it doesn't always go with human services but it was what was in my head when I typed that. I think I would blog more if I had a typist. I hate typing very much. 

Owen went to the doctor last week for a check of his blood pressure, as in, it's been too high. It's a long story but he discovered a blood pressure issue a couple weeks ago. So at the ripe old age of almost 21, he is currently on blood pressure medicine. I hate that too. 

Then this past weekend John was suffering with another kidney stone, the first in five years. But that's little comfort for him. Since the weekend ended, he has made some improvement and is at work today. But the rolling stone is still in there somewhere. Yikes to that. 

Yesterday was less than stellar for me. That's all I have to say about that.

But then yesterday was also William's first ever tee-ball game and OMG what a hoot tiny boys are trying to learn to play ball. It's sorta like trying to keep really wet spaghetti on a plate. It ain't easy. The most important thing of the afternoon for William was his awesome gold socks and his brand new baseball pants. He thought both were super cool. 

Of course I took some photos to document the happening.  

Even Anna made a appearance. 
She kept all opinions to herself. 

William waiting for something to happen.







And that's a wrap on the first tee-ball game. 

So it begins again. 

It's been 15 years since I watched Owen play his last tee-ball game. 

From tee-ball to blood pressure meds, a lot's happened in between. 

But I was at the ball park yesterday and there I found another crop of sweaty, uncoordinated, cute little boys standing in a small field tackling their own teammates for the chance to get the ball. It did the heart good to see some things are simple and sweet and constant. 

There will always be little boys learning to play the game while patient coaches and parents cheer and laugh and enjoy a moment in time. I say a moment, because that's what it feels like. Just a moment ago, Owen was standing in a small field amongst many, sweaty, uncoordinated, cute little boys tackling their own teammates for the chance to get the ball. And he was so excited about his baseball socks and his new white pants.

I love the boys of summer. 

They are some of my favorites.  

Peace out from me.

1 comment:

CAW said...

Love!! And can't wait to see a game. And oh those memories of days gone by. And more to be made with a new generation.