Thursday, February 5, 2015

Here's a new post

As you can tell, I've not been in the blogging mood for a while. Even with no shortage of things to blog about, its just not been a thing I wanted to do. There was Christmas and New Year's and John and Owen went to Pennsylvania and Emma almost moved to New York City. And I've just been blah. Blah blah blah. I get so tired of reading what I have to say.

But here goes again.... 

There was a pre-Christmas trip to Dallas by me and my girls, 

Christmas Dallas style.
Found another great book about me.
Found this ridiculous picture in the Sur La Table restroom. 
This is Becky's car. I'm not saying what I'm thinking. 
Restoration Hardware...
Had multi...
Multi use....
Glasses and Olivia tried them all on.
After Dallas we made a quick day trip to Corsicana where we found a Christmas tree in the street downtown.
And an inviting porch to sit on. 
We went with the intent of looking for some farm stuff for Christmas. We found nothing. 
But we did find a beautiful day with a big sky with wispy clouds. 
It was a perfect.
We rode around and saw Christmas Corsicana style. 
Then it seemed as quickly as we arrived...


It was time to leave.
But before we left, Caitlin had to take the time to write about her "miracle."
And I discovered something....
I love pictures of written words. Love.

As we were leaving town I saw these super cute toy soldiers beside the welcome sign and I had to whip around and take a pic. 
That's the closest to Christmas I remember being in Corsicana since I was a kid. And I don't remember any of those. It was a good decision to go. We arrived home on December 22nd. And that's the closest to Christmas I've ever been gone from home...since ever. 

Then Christmas was good and school came back around and other stuff happened I don't remember and I forgot some other stuff and....

Now to present day, or pretty close to it. 

These are the few things I remember that have happened lately. Every morning John gets his vitamins out and when he does he gets out a fish oil pill for me, and he sets it on the table by my seat in the den. Well, for about 5 days now my pill hasn't been there. I've forgotten until last night to ask him about it. So I said, "Hey, why haven't you been getting my fish pill out?" And he said, "I have." Well....seems that as John was leaving for work, he saw Addy with her nose in the air sniffing away. And then after he left, we believe she had herself a little snack, five times. Mystery solved. She had a good run though. 
The fish pill eater. 
Just a few more things...

The other night as Olivia and I were leaving Melanie's at 2:00 a.m., Olivia was driving and she was tired and then she or I said something about the next morning and then I burst into song, "Good morning, good morning!" (That's from Singing in the Rain.) And she immediately put her finger to her lips and said, "Shhhhhh." It was offensive. 

The other morning when I went to brush my teeth, I closed the door behind me, and as I was brushing I heard something in the bathtub and was all like, "whaaa?" So I hit the closed shower curtain and as I did I saw Milo the cat leap into the air about three feet. He had stealthily followed me into the bathroom to pee IN THE BATHTUB, and I'd never seen him come in. Because I was so annoyed, I thoroughly enjoyed his response. But lets be honest, I'd have enjoyed his response whether I was mad at him or not. True words. 

We went to a Super Bowl party at Jared and Colby's house the other night and had lots of fun in spite of the two teams playing no one liked. But, if a Manning boy ain't playing, I ain't caring.  


While there, James rode Texas 
And ate beads.

William reflected on his life thus far.
And rooted for football.
Don't know who he wanted to win.
And there it is, my first post in almost one month. 

Maybe this is a restart, but don't get your hopes up cause we shall see.

It's 2:05 in the morning and my pillow and I haven't seen each other in so long.

I'm out.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Made my day to see a post!!!

Mollie_Walker said...

FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYY. I check every single day!!

gnar car said...

hooray for a new post!!!

Anonymous said...

Love a new post. Would've loved to see Milo jump. Can he come teach beaux how to pee in the bathtub?

Becky said...

LOVED IT -- ALL OF IT. Yay you are back!!

CAW said...

have been waiting.....!!!! love it all

Mrs. Ford said...

Hooray! Love getting the latest scoop on my southern fam! ❤️

Emma said...

I haven't heard the Addy/fish pill story!! Freaking hilarious. She is ridiculous.