Wednesday, February 25, 2015

What's happening as we hope for a good snow

We are currently in the throws of winter storms. I just looked up "in the throws of" and confirmed it's "in the throes of." I suspected it, but I fact check myself a lot.

It's now day two of our snow/ice/freezing rain days. People are starting to turn on one another. Truth be told, people are turning on me. Truth be told, Olivia's turning on me. When I yell "Olivia!" She either ignores or says, "Shhhh." More later. Not really more later....  

When it rains, obviously it's wet outside. When it sleets or snows, it's wetter. Everything is mushier than when it rains. It's a fact that I can't back up but one I feel very strongly about. Or, about which I feel very strongly. One is correct. The other sounds better. I may be losing it. We may get one to five inches of snow tonight and tomorrow. Or nothing. I'm not sure what life will be like if I'm locked inside for multi more days. But I also will be very sad if we wake up tomorrow and find the snow has missed us altogether. Very sad indeed. We're all hoping we see a good amount of snow and then it goes away fairly quickly.  And while one might think snow would make for the opportunity to take some different and pretty pictures of outside things, it has to be very cold to keep things icy. That's a hindrance to me because I don't want to be wet, or cold. I''m gonna have to make myself go outside though, but it's like standing in a refrigerator when there's ice all around outside. It's colder than when it's just cold.

On another note, suppers around here have been a challenge lately, or always. Tonight John made mushroom/potato soup as close to his grandmother and mother's recipes as he could get. I think he ate 3 bowls of it. The best the rest of us could muster in enthusiasm was, "It's not terrible." And that's all I have to say about that. 

It's 2:35 and I'm about to be off to bed dreaming of a white scene when I wake up. If it's not, color me whatever equal parts of sad and mad are, Cause that's what I'll be. 

I'm including some photos of the snow and ice we've already gotten. Most were taken with Olivia's phone attachment she got for Christmas. The close ups are fab. The fish eyes are fab for different reasons. 











Addy's footprint.









Addy loves the cold and sees no problem with wetter or mushier ground. 



This is sleet on Olivia's jacket.




And we're done.

As I go to bed, my weather heart is still hopeful and unbroken. 

Later today may be a different story. 

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

CAW said...

Love the pics....I found a heart in one of the pics!!!! And I was a little sad I didn't get snow... but over it now!!

Anonymous said...

YAY we got snow!! Such a fun day!! Love the pics especially the ones on her jacket!!!!!

Mollie_Walker said...

Love the pics and SO jealous of the snow. I don't see the heart but I see a kinda sideways owl face in the third pic.