Friday, February 20, 2015

Random pictures of ridiculous animals with a few humans included.

We had a great trip to Texas over the long weekend. The weather was as good as we hoped for almost all of the trip. But when it turns bitter in Texas, the north wind cuts like a knife. Luckily that didn't happen until the day we left for home, so it didn't spoil our fun. Since I've been home I've had things to clean and things to wash and trash to disperse around the city. It seems my darling son forgot to put our trash out Sunday night for Monday pick up. It was a disappointing discovery. One I handled with my usual calmness and even tempered-ness.

I discovered many journal entries not posted from previous Corsicana trips and so I'm thinking about doing those in the next few days. But today, instead of posting the very few pics I have from the weekend, (I didn't even take my camera out of the bag) I'm posting some random pics from long ago. They make me laugh so much. Most of them are of people dressed as animals, cause they certainly don't see themselves as four legged. It's just that no one's told them they aren't human. They see themselves as equals.
Masiy and Emma have a very strange relationship. Yesterday Maisy almost took Emma to the ground with excited joy. This picture is very odd, although they both seem fine with what's happening. Maya however seems disturbed by it all.  
Can't you feel the love?
Ridiculous.
And again.
There's something different about Addy. 
Glow worm eyes.
It amuses me.
The most ridiculous. 
All the time.
Addy's impression of Milo. 
Dreaming of snatching bacon out of my hand. Oh wait, that wasn't a dream! Christmas 2014, holding bacon in my hand and just about to add it to the pan when Marley jumped up and took it OUT OF MY FINGERS. I screamed at the stunning event.
What? I'm on Grandma's sleep schedule. 
Always...
Ridiculous.
Staying nearby in case of the accidental food drop or sharing. 
It was recently revealed Maya's not invincible. The cone of shame proves it. It was a devastating blow to us all.
Nothing says country like a convertible full of dogs with a overalled chauffeur. 
The ride was so exhausting Texas had to have a nap.
That's all for now folks. I'm off to my annual eye doctor appointment. I hate any kind of doctor appointment. Can't wait til it's over and then work and then time to partay!

Happiest of birthdays to my daughter Emma. Twenty four years ago today she made her entrance into the world. Life would be so boring without her. She fits just fine in her spot. 

Oh happy day....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Those pictures made me laugh so hard!!!

Mollie_Walker said...

This post was SO funny!!! Our kids/"animals" bring me so much happiness!

Anonymous said...

Too much and I wish Maisy could talk and tell us why she loves Emma so much!!! I mean I know she's great but I am the one who feeds her nearly everyday!!!

gnar car said...

it's true. maisy has loved emma since the second she was born!

Emma said...

Seriously, she loves me so much!! No clue why, but it's hilarious.
Thanks for the birthday wishes! I'd say I fit in pretty good too!