Sunday, August 6, 2017

Vacations and frig messages

Here's an update on our life as we know it. 

Owen finished his summer job in Mississippi and arrived home on Thursday afternoon in time for supper. His senior year of college begins in two weeks and then he'll be gone for maybe ever. I remain in the fervent belief that childhood to adulthood went speeding by, even though I thought I was watching it all unfold and paying attention to as many details as possible. But it's the strangest thing to now be discussing life goals and decisions with my adult children. How can it be over? But when I looked up from life, the toys were packed away, replaced with school books, and now job applications.

I'm adjusting well the new reality, but I have to say it still blows... 

In other news, Emma comes to town Monday night, and she will be here for one whole month. Yay! 

On Tuesday we'll leave for our family vacay that will last through the weekend. As our kids get busier and busier and more grown up, vacations are harder to plan these days. In the past few months we've traveled the country in our conversations about our trip, but in the end, a little farm in Texas won out. It's always a good idea, especially when people need to destress, recharge human batteries and sit on a cozy back porch. 

So Corsicana it will be for the sound of sleeping under window air conditioning, dusty country roads, late night rides and hopefully some great sunsets. 

Texas Forever...   

And now to the business of updating about the latest frig messages. It's really slow right now since grown boys are no fun and don't participate. 

As luck would have it though, Maggie came by and added some flair to the frig.  
This was an interceding choice, but still much appreciated. 
Then Beba served this up...
I volleyed right back. 
Just before she left town, she came back with a classic Seinfeld quote. 
Something tells me this was during the dog days of sitting. 
Mollie came for supper and reminded us of a Whitney quote from long ago. And the pressure to be successful when refrigerator quoting is real and true. You want to be pithy, yet funny and smart. I need to write a book of worthy and quotable quotes. 
The definition of pithy is concise and forcefully expressive. That's pretty intense for the frig. 
Hmmm wonder who.....probably a directive from Maya. 
In the busy world of refrigerator quoting a couple of weeks ago, Olivia and I sucked Carlie in. We snuck in and left a message to be found when she got home from work.  

That gets us up to date and ready for anyone to come by and add to life on the frig. 

In the meantime, I'm so sleepy I've had to stop to close my eyes during the writing of this post. I'm now going to treat myself to a nap. 

It's my intention to post at least one more time before I leave town. Hopefully I can live up to that intention. Time and the blog will tell.

Now my eyelids must close for a requited amount of time still to be determined. 

I'll close with this cryptic message. Anyone that attends church with me and knows what we did today, don't forget....

I still hate it!!

And never again!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love~Melanie