Friday, February 6, 2015

Caitlin's Christmas "miracle"

In my last post I referenced a story about the "miracle" Caitlin "made happen" or something else not like that at all. This post is the story about what happened that fateful day at the farm. What would have happened if we hadn't shown up? Read first, then I'll tell you. 

This is the entry in our Corsicana journal begun by Olivia and finished by Caitlin.  

December 22, 2014
Written by Olivia

Lisa, Caitlin, Emma and Olivia stopped by on their way home from Dallas. It's very sunny and windy and the sky is very blue with some wispy clouds. The grass is quite green and the pond is empty. We're going to sit for a bit and enjoy the weather and then go run some errands and be on our way. None of us think we've ever been here so close to Christmas before. Wal Mart was crazy but it was so much better than the Monroe Wal Mart. Lisa swears she'd come over here once a month to shop for groceries.  

Written by Caitlin
It's Caitlin taking over now. Today I made a Christmas miracle happen by liberating a cardinal from the chicken coup. The poor dear was trapped in there and begging us to free her. My cold, heartless family were just going to leave her, but I went to the red barn and got some pliers, then pulled the metal back just a little to make a hole for her. When Liv and I went back to check on her hours later, she flew out of the hole I made for her and tweeted, "Thank you Caitlin! You made my dreams come true!"
Call her dream catcher. She will answer. 
Orrrrr the bird would have flown out of the coup the same way she got in....orrrr she would have flown out the door when the chicken owner came to let them out and feed them.

Miracle maker? 

Or exaggerated  story teller. 

I know which one I'm going with....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Loving new posts!!!!

Emma said...

For a person who usually doesn't care about things like random birds she has really made this a big deal. What a drama queen.. haha

Mollie_Walker said...

I'm kinda in the middle here. Could the bird have maybe gotten out on its own? Probably. Did she help to rescue it sooner than if the bird had been left on its own. Yes!!!