Monday, June 9, 2014

Catching up a bit

It's been a while since I've been here. Since then, all those due to graduate did. And unless you've been living under a rock, all people who know me should know that Owen's graduation was one of the worst experiences of our lives. And while I could go into much detail as well as whining, I'll leave it there....where it belongs...over.

And Texas was as Texas always is....fabulous. In spite of the weather Corsicana was an excellent place to spend 10 days that flew by like a weekend. The group that came and enjoyed was a good one and many fun memories...and a few traumas were created. It seems William doesn't like loud and sudden bursts of fireworks. End of story. 

The horses weren't interested in being friends with us at all on this trip. I was highly offended. They had to be coaxed to the fence for apple oatmeal treats. What's THAT about? And the brown longhorn who lives in the big pasture is combative and crazy. People seriously need to keep an eye on him when in his area. Gran would have eaten him for supper if he'd seen his behavior. 

The house at 212 18th street continues its decline into ramshackle abyss from which it will never return. And if you think that sentence to be somewhat flowery and over the top, understand I'm currently watching the BBC version of Sense and Sensibility.  

This past week Owen attended prep at ULM. He's officially a warhawk and we will continue to have a college student, actually two college students in the house. But for now, summer is upon us and I'm very happy about it. There's much ahead in the weeks to come, but I can't promise to blog about it all. I'm not much in the blogging mood these days. But I am in the organizing mood as well as some amount of cleaning. And while my house needs a super deep cleaning, it just doesn't make sense to go overboard and all crazy and start such an unfun project as that. Besides, Owen's room is a stye and remains that way for much of the time. The only thing that motivates him to clean it is to tell him Carrie is coming to stay with us. Sadly for him the cleaning he did last week was a waste of good energy since she ended up not staying with us. But I think the anticipation of her arrival served its purpose so that his room was clean for one and one half days.

I'm posting a sneak peek of the photos from the events. Individual posts will follow.

Olivia the grad with Dad.
Owen the grad with Dad.
William loving bubbles.
James' first trip to Corsicana.
Took some new favorite photos 
Olivia took this one.
Now I will attempt to motivate myself to blog these events in greater detail. Lets see how that goes. 

Also, a moment of silence for my current iPhone that died on Friday and Saturday and Sunday. Really really on Sunday. It's a hot mess and I'm currently phoneless. So. Annoying. 

But I'm off to sleep soundly phoneless or not.

Later to all people. With ice cream or not.... 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do hope you find the motivation to blog since I missed James' first trip to Texas. It still makes me sad even though I was in a very beautiful place also!!

Mollie_Walker said...

I absolutely thought "whoa that was a flowery sentence". And then you said it too!!! Funny! Also, agree with Mel!