Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Today and the news of it

The birthday weekend went off without a hitch. All people big and small descended on Lafayette Saturday morning and afternoon to celebrate Lucas' first birthday. We had such a fun time. Lucas was somewhat shy about the eating of his smash cake but he seemed pleased with the event. We hung out, ate pizza, watched basketball and then went to sleep. On Sunday morning we met for breakfast and then everyone headed home. We arrived home about 3:30 to the steady beat of rain that continued until Monday and may return later in the week. I'm over the rain, just like I'm over the snow. Our yard's so swamped with water we need boots to walk across it. 

Our house has officially declared fire weather over with the cleaning out of our fireplace last night. If it's 50 degrees outside with a fire going, I melting into a puddle. It was time for that to be over. 

Monday night at 7:45ish my new washing machine arrived and I'm happy to say I think I like it. I'm also happy to say I THINK there will be no more washing machines coming in the future. I think that bug has been successfully squashed. I washed all the clothes and got caught up, THEN Owen brought in his dirty clothes. Don't even get me started on that. 

The other huge news is people are vomiting. It's probably happening all over the country, but the few here in my home city are the ones that affect my life. It seems the birthday boy Lucas caught a bug and he passed it to his Mom and his granny. Then his great grandmother got it. Then his great aunt got it, then his cousin/auntie got it. The rest of us are very concerned. I currently have no symptoms and am planning on not getting the disease. In Jesus name it won't visit me, even though one in my household has it. So. Many. Ughs. For all the sick ones as well as the "science experiments" waiting to see what happens...God bless us all for reals. 

And I can't believe I forgot to tell this story from last week about my own boy, though he not be wee any longer. One week ago Monday night Carrie came to town and when she came over, Owen wasn't' home due to studying with school peeps. Well Carrie and I talked til almost midnight and then she left and I went to get in the shower. When I got out John was ready to go to bed but the carport door was unlocked and Owen was still out studying. Blah blah blah. John went to bed. At 1:15 I texted him asking when he'd be home. No response. More texting as well as calling ensued but all in vain. In the following 20 minutes I texted and called him so many times I can't count and by then my concern had ratcheted up to epic levels. I made the instant decision to drive to the campus, in my jammies, to see if the library was still open. By then it was 1:40. I drove to the campus, it was as silent as the grave. (Sense and Sensibility reference intended). I was pretty much gripped with fear. When I got home I went straight to our bedroom intending to wake John up so he could be fear gripped as well. And then. I glanced over at Owen's bedroom door and saw it was closed. And it sort of hit me. I opened the door and there, by the light of my cell phone, I found my son sound asleep in his bed. Been there the whole time. The whole time I sat in the den texting him, he was asleep in his bed. My phone light went off. I turned it back on to look again, and stood there in dumbfounded relieved silence. Of course I blamed John for not locking the door while I was in the shower. He knew Owen was home. And Owen knew Owen was home. No one told me. My house is not that big. I'm just gonna stop here. BUT! When Owen and I talked about it the next day I told him I was NOT ready for it to be funny yet! Or maybe ever. That lasted about two hours. WHATEVER.

And now I think I'm up to date with all my uninteresting news. At least for now. I hope to post one, two or three more posts today. I know. Calm down. But it hasn't happened yet and work is calling shortly. 

Hope all who are feeling terrible feel better. 

And prayers for everyone else for it not to happen. 

See ya at the see saw....  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We are all like watched pots.

Becky said...

the Owen story.....hilare!!

Mollie_Walker said...

Remember when dad did that with me!?!? He called and woke Whitney and maybe Melanie up in the middle of the night! I was home asleep in bed but he never checked there

Anonymous said...

Yes Mollie I remember that too!! This virus is the absolute worst!!! Lysol is my best friend using it on everything!!