Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A sunset and a little boy

I never did the second post yesterday. I've had a cleaning and straightening bug this week which included going through extra parts for any and everything we've bought over the last 10 years. This activity always includes asking John, "What is this?" And see what he comes up with in order to prevent me from throwing something away that he thinks is "cool looking." I'll have to say he was MUCH more willing to throw stuff than ever before. BUT. As we were looking at various things he'd say, "I don't know what it is, but it's neat looking." That comment prompted a ceremonial throwing in the trash of said object. And I wouldn't be surprised if he went behind me and snatched some stuff out. Some things never change. 

This week is cheerleader clinic at school and in case you didn't know, little girls are loud. 

Last night I enlisted Olivia's help in deleting photos from some of my drafts and let me say the girl pulls no punches. She's brutal about the number of photos I took over our week's stay at the beach. I don't know what the answer is. You may miss the best photo ever if you stop taking pics too soon! Sigh. Over the years I've missed so many good ones. I love a photo. 

Which leads me to this post that's all about a sunset and a little boy. Olivia helped me pick the very best ones. 

I love a little footprint in the sand.



Here comes William. 

He was headed in the direction of the lovely sunset. 


This for me was a one in a million picture opportunity.
And I love them all. 


But I think this one's my fave.
And this one.
And this one.
This was a picture perfect sunset and these people wouldn't get out of the way. So. Annoyed. I don't want random people in my sunset photos. 
So I took pics over the water instead. 


So many good sunsets while we were there.

I'm about to scramble and get ready for work. Some of us will be headed west starting tomorrow. Not sure I'll have time for another post tonight. I'm ready for the Florida posts to be finished and move on to other things. 

Gots to put my face on so as not to scare people!

I'm ready for cool weather! 

Bring on fall so we can start complaining about it being too cold!

You know it will happen!

OK I'm done...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looooooove! Need! All of them!

Anonymous said...

Love those pics!! The sunsets were phenomenal all week!!

Becky said...

Love all of them.......and all of you :)