Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Day 1 at the beach

Well the beach was as good as it gets. Everyone agreed it may have been the best trip we've ever had. The weather was unbelievable. Who knew it could get cold in Florida in August?! It does. It was all good, except the fishing. And in that respect it was a sad trip for John. He didn't catch one shark and very few small fishes. But there's always a next time. But in spite of the lack of fish catching, he had a good time as well. I'm just the saddest person about not journaling each day as I intended to do. Ugh. I meant to take a notebook and forgot...and went to the store 1000 times and forgot to buy one there as well. So as usual I'll have to try to let the pictures jog my memory of what was done and when. 

But even without a journal I KNOW I took lots of pictures of little boys and sunsets. Since I had more access to William on the beach he has quite a lot of pics. The sunsets are also over pictured, but it's so hard to stop taking pictures of cute little boys or beautiful sunsets. 

One last thing. Some of us had talked about this quite a bit before leaving for the beach...is there any other time that you go anywhere and basically sit around in your underwear while chatting with other people? That answer is no. BUT. That's exactly what we did while at the beach. Think about it....every single day of the year we all wear as many clothes as we can to remain appropriate for every day life as we interact with others. Every day. There's never a day when someone has to tell me to put my boobs up. EVERYTHING is ALWAYS covered! And then someone says, "Lets go to the beach!" And boom! Suddenly it's acceptable to have on as few clothes as possible. I mean, I don't like it. Because listen to this. Today me and the girls were having a discussion about Caitlin's birthday cake and wanting the chocolate one she was commissioned to make for Jared's birthday a couple of weeks ago. Well as were were talking about it, I remembered having a discussion about that cake with Jared, Colby, and Carlie. It caused all kinds of "What?! Why didn't you make me a cake?!" From Carlie of course. Anyway, that's not my point. My point is I was wondering where I was when we had the discussion about the cake and I remembered, "Oh yeah, We were in the ocean talking about it in our underwear." And that brings me to point two. How many times do we stand around...IN WATER...having any kind of conversation? The answer is never. SO. While I do love the beach, I like wearing more clothes than less. It will always be that way for me. And the older I get, the stronger I feel about that. Stripping down to almost no clothes and then sitting, standing, walking, chatting...it's just weird...and getting weirder. You will never find me at a nudie beach....again. I say again because we can't forget Mexico. The cruise with church ladies that found us on a Mexican beach with naked people lying about in each other's arms. Eww. That really happened. 

So to sum up, I support clothes.   

OK, lets get to the pictures...
William unlike me, is a hat person.
Nursery at the beach. 
I could frame this picture I love it so much. 
Eating goldfish. 
Love...
And this one.
Lukie Lou looks a little over it.
But he has....
The cutest grumpy face...
I've ever seen.
James looks ready for a green and white safari.
I love baby feet.
Some people did a lot of this.
And this...
And this...
Grandma came down to sit by the seaside.
As did we all.
The boy loved the ocean.
Cutie.
This is the only time it's acceptable to sit around in almost no clothes and hang out with people. 
Love sandy little boy feet. 
He looks like...
A tiny super cool lifeguard for little ones. Wearing a puddle jumper of course.
Love this pic of this big boy. 
I like this picture except for the fact it looks like a rod is going up Billie's back and neck. Photo shop please!
And then there were the sunsets to end the days quite nicely. 
Owen actually helped me try to edit these.
And we actually took some out. 
But I like them all. 
So there are still lots.
This is our group enjoying the sunset at the end of day one. 
Car Car loves to make faces for the camera.
Becky and Lydia styling in their shades. 
Another shot of the group. 
Then back to more sunset photos. 
This is what everyone was looking at. 



This looks like a painting. 
So beautiful...
Roomies
Then Carlie...
Couldn't help herself. 
Stunning....
And so ended day one at the beach. It was a good first day. 

I'm very stressed about how I'm going to proceed after this post. I have a wedding to cover and more Corsicana ready to go. It's so much pressure to get it all done in the right manner. 

I will figure it out as I go and who knows!! I may mix it all up!

Ugh, I got nauseous just typing that.

I'll be back!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! Great pic of Owen!!

Anonymous said...

Love it and I will have to get you my pics too!!

Becky said...

I'm ready to go back to the beach! Yes, love the picture of Owen and ALL the boys.

CAW said...

Great Post!!!

John said...

It was a wonderful trip to the beach. Great post with great pics!!!