Monday, August 20, 2012

Night beach pics

After supper on the third day, John went down to the beach and set up for a semi-late night of fishing. And this is how night fishing works. John goes first, sets up, baits the line, wades out to throw the bait as far as possible and then.....waits. This is the part I try very hard to miss. But while he's at the beach, I'm back at the house envisioning the "biggest catch ever" and believing I'm missing it. So my impatience and curiosity kick in, which causes me to go check way to soon. Once there, I see there's no monster fish. But now with sandy feet, I'm committed. And then begins the interminable amount of waiting that my physical being thinks impossible to bear. Which is about 5 minutes. It's terrible. And since the fishing on this trip was terrible, I waited A LOT. And That's not good. But it never ceases to amaze me how long John can fish, when fish aren't interested. He stays hopeful for hours, while I'm off to the side brooding and asking, "Has it been two hours already?" His answer, "It's been 6 and a half minutes." And then I hang my head in dismay. Happens every single time.

This is one sad and silent fishing rod.


So because there were no more fish to photo document, I took late night pictures of girls on the beach. Whoever was curious about the fishing, got their picture took. Have a look.

The sea breeze does lots for creating volume in the hair. And someone tell Emma there are no fish to take pictures of.


Caitlin agreed to join the group. Thank you for your participation hon.


It's the same people over and over.


But I had the hardest time editing them out, so I didn't.


Groupies. That's in reference to peeps grouping up, not fish groupies.


Then indys. Short for individual pics.


Emma's always ready for a photo shoot. In some instances this was the weirdest trip ever. The bad fishing, the pretrip surgery, and after a few days of sun, Emma's forehead swelled up and caused a little concern. But it went down after a day or two. When Emma showed her forehead to Bill he told her, "I'll let the two of you be alone." He's quite the jokster!


Caitlin decided to smile without a threat from me. Thank you.


Olivia's hair almost has a reddish hue, and LOTS of volume.


Maggie's wearing her new zoo t-shirt.


That's not a highway line behind them, it's the building next door. Weird.


Almost the same pic, too hard to choose.


Emma did not come to the beach with this hairdo. Apparently she and Maggie had a beauty parlor session while waiting for the fish that did not come.


Two good pics of John. In this one he's hiking his swim suit.


And in this one, he's armless. Whatevs.


Nice.


She pulled it together.


And so there you have it. The late night documenting of peeps on the beach.

Next up? Don't have a clue what I'm gonna do, so we'll find out together.

But school starts in about 5 1/2 hours for 3 of my almost grown kiddoes. It's back to just me staying up late. And late it is.

What's that sound I hear? Me thinks my covers are calling my name.

Beddie bye bye bed bugs.

3 comments:

gnar car said...

it should be noted that the facebook poses(hand on hips to act nonchalant and also appear thinner) were on purpose!

Anonymous said...

on this night I was keeping the Willster instead of waiting for fishies on the beach!! I think anyway

Unknown said...

I knew there was a reason for that but I couldn't remember taking this photo at all!