Friday, August 17, 2012

The third day

So by the third day at the beach the routine has settled in for the duration. It is, wake up, slather yourself with "pan lotion" as my kids called it when they were little, and head to the beach. The heading to the beach begins early in the morning until afternoon, because even though 30 people are vacationing together, everyone is on their own schedule. There's always someone coming as someone else is going. People go eat or shop or sleep late or get up early or look for seashells or take walks. There's no right or wrong way to do it. One things certain, we take up lots of space on the sand. Check it out.

This is Whitney, just after she put a 50 sunscreen for faces only on. She needs to keep her face out of the sun because of a skin issue, so it makes perfect sense to go the beach right? She has a purplish hue to her skin. But no umpa lumpas in sight. I'm frightened really.


Then go sit in the sun while you hide from the sun. Yeppers good idea.


To me, this is the definition of sun worshiper. With super cute flamingo clippys of course.


Then Whitney was in the mood for a Sunkist with the label placed just so, in order to "make a commercial." The Turner girls' opinions seem to be divided about it.


Now I love this pic even though my girls are in the dark. The depth of field is working for me. Love them close, the others just outside the tent, and then the people and water in the background. Love it.


And this one as well.


God love her, Caitlin enjoys giving me a smile for the camera.


Thank you!


Austino tuno.


The tent dwellers. I'm not the only one that pulls the double glasses trick.


Dale and Mary hanging out.


Cutie Ila Marie beachin it.


Carlie's engrossed.


Grandma's trudging to the beach.


She has arrived.


Olivia dear that hat is something else after it got wet.


Ila's looking for some things.


Seems she found a bubble machine.


While the boys.


Play some football.


And others hang by the seaside.


Then Ila wanted to do some exercises.


And while some people were hanging by the shore, the girls were getting ready to late celebrate Lindsey's birthday at Bud and Allie's at Seaside. Seaside makes me sigh. It's so quaint and charming and picturesque. I want to go there in the winter, wear sweaters and rolled up khaki pants and walk on the beach while gathering perfect shells when it's cold. It would be dreamy.

William didn't go with, but had no choice but to photo op with Whitney and Caitlin.


Carlie T.


Lauren, I don't have a nickname for her yet.


The Olivia.


Cute pic of mom and the boy.


Sassy Emma.


Mollie and I'm lovin the tude I see in the background.


Maggie Lou.


All the lovely girlies with the Willster.


On the way they took some pics that I may have swiped from phones.


And other phones.


Or Facebook.

A wonderful time was had by all.

But while they were gone, in the late afternoon William made his appearance at the beach. Gotta love that hat while hanging with the grandmas.


Willie D was konked.


Becky and Ila joined everyone.


This is another classic example of, "No pictures for problems."


Ila looks pooped.


But comfy.


Boys hanging by the pool.


Just chillin, cause it's vacay.


William woke up to soak it all in. Well, maybe not ALL of it.


And as the day faded away, people continued to gather by the shore in anticipation of a lovely sunset.


And it...


Did not disappoint.

I'd be happier if the building could have moved for this picture.

Later that night, there was one more photo op for fish watchers. But as I've already told you, there were no more excellent catches on the trip. Waiting for a fish to take the bait is one of the most unbelievably mind numbingly boring experiences of my life.

And I'm not even kidding.

But that's for another post.

I'm off to check my pillow for softness.

2 comments:

gnar car said...

i wanna go backkkkkkkk

that last pic is FABULOUS!

Anonymous said...

Let me say that I especially love your unique sign off with each post and ALWAYS look to see what it will be each time!! Looking forward to more beach posts!!