Thursday, August 2, 2012

Some Olympic observations....and some other stuff

Let me just say the Olympics are wearing me out! I can't take the agony of defeat for my peeps! I want golden tickets for all American people. Jordan Weiber? UGH. But it's almost halfway over. What are we gonna do when it is? Ugh already. Some commentators are awesome, Rowdy Gaines...others, I could punch in the face.

All of my girls are Olympic nerds and bought USA clothes to wear for the next 2 weeks. Emma's wearing of this the other night didn't keep the USA swimmers from getting beat by the Frenchies. GADZOOKS!!

Swimmer's bodies are A mazing. It's like unbelievable. If an Olympic swimmer knocked on my door, the first thing I'd say would be, "I'm gonna need you to take that shirt off." Moving on.

The other day Caitlin and I were watching 2 girls from the USA who'd won silver metals in synchronized diving. As the interview was ending the commentator said to them, "You went out with a splash." And one of the girls said, "But not a big one." Get it? Very little splash? Brilliant subtle joke.

The uploading process of vacation pictures has begun, and therefore I'm in a bad mood. OK, that's not really true. BUT I hate the uploading of it all. Choosing the pictures and editing the pictures and uploading the pictures. Only to have to delete some pictures because I picked too many pictures...it's a process.

It makes perfect economic sense to go to the store and take so long that it's too late to make supper and you go out to eat instead of cooking from your newly stocked pantry. This may or may not have happened here today.

Word to the wise: don't poke Olivia in the side while sitting next to her, due to the fact that her reflex could take a person out. This may or may not have happened to me last night.

Schools' coming like a freight train and there's nothing to do but let it run us over. We will be talking about Christmas presents VERY soon.

The other day Addy was in a mood, so I photo documented it. First, roughhousing with the O.


Then trying to be all prissy.


Finally stealing flip flops. She's quite the character.


Gots to go to beddie bye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the olympics!! gonna miss them when it's over!!