Friday, July 18, 2014

I'm back again

Last week after a barrage of postings, I went to Texas. Since coming home I've not been in the blogging mood. So here I am trying to get back into it. Blah. I can't even remember what I did last week. And I don't even feel bad about it. This week I've begun a project, kinda big....Owen's room. Ugh. More about that later. Next week will be prep week for Florida. There's another ugh. I hate the pressure of packing and what to pack and packing too much or not enough and then forgetting to pack something important. It causes me stress. And when we get home, I can't even believe it will almost be time for school to start and I'll be back at my 2 1/2 hour daily grind. Feel sorry for me.   

In the meantime though I've been cleaning house and last week we were throwing some old school papers away and Olivia discovered her certificate for CPR she'd made an 80% without studying. Shocker about the studying. She then made the important announcement that if any of us needed CPR at any time, there's an 80% chance she can save us. That leaves me 20% concerned.

Tuesday night a rare event occurred in that John, Olivia, Owen and I were shopping together...for chairs for Florida and during that time we had a very extended discussion about our leaving time as well as our intended route. It was intense regarding where to eat breakfast and what to eat for breakfast and what time to eat breakfast and limiting stops and OMG Olivia is going to pass out instructions for the journey and limit people's fluid intake. If you know what I mean. John on the other hand is all like, "there may be some rocks I want to look at in Alabama along the way." NO. We will rip the keys from him and park him in the rear seating area before we leave Mississippi. After all our errands were finished and "on the way home" I decided to use my rocket fast ticket to wash my car. Pause for explanation. Saturday I went to Rocket Fast...first time ever...to get a $5 wash for my car. Pulled in (once you enter rocket fast there's no way out but to go through the pay thing) so immediately after I paid I was told the car wash machine had just broken. Not a good advertisement. Fast forward to last night when I decided to go back and get the wash they owed me. All that to say it's been a long long time since I was in a drive thru car wash with Olivia and Owen. They enjoyed it immensely. Rocket Fast gets a B- for the wash. 

Then Olivia and I dropped the boys off and went in pursuit of an item for her beach assemble, then we went to Brookshire's and to get ice. We turned into Sonic JUST as the slowest person on earth arrived and ambled along to the drive thru and began pulling out coupons and sheets of paper and OMG. SO. Since Olivia knows I'm the most patient person in the world, she was happy to sit in the car and watch this thing play out. OR. That may not be true. Eight hours later...the slow poke drove up to the window. Then I ordered in two shakes of a lamb's tail and drove up behind the slow poke. As we waited...and I may have had some commentary to share...Olivia mentioned something about me learning about patience and yada yada yada... I had no time for that. ANYWAY, as fate would have it...the Sonic guy brought my ice out to me while the lady was still at the window and voila! We were gone before the slow person. As we were driving away Olivia said about me and learning patience, "Pretty sure God was all like...she's not getting it. This lesson will not be learned tonight. I might as well end it and we will tackle it again some other time." To which I asked, "And what was Jesus saying?" Olivia, "He was in agreement with God." I'm not sure that happened, but whatevs.

And now I'm hitting the high points of the stuff in pictures I haven't covered from the last few months. I may or may not expand on these later.


Owen went to his senior prom. I've taken many milestone photos in this backyard. 
Back in April we had Owen's grad party. 
And on that same night all the little boys met for the first time.
William thought it weird to lay on the floor like an infant and was out. 
Owen and the G. She had an abscessed tooth here.
Emma with the G and the B.
Pre-marrieds and Whitney also at Owen's grad party.
Cate, Gmaw and the Car.
I don't think I've even taken a picture of Keith and Lydia together. I think that baby is Lucas.
That same weekend, at William's second birthday, he reflected on his two years.
And I took senior portrait pictures of Owen.
Easter came. Easter went. 
While Wyatt was sleeping in Ohio.
And there you have April in a very small nutshell. 

So I realized I've been to Texas twice and haven't talked about either trip. I've got a lot to do in the next week that doesn't include blogging. Wish me luck and maybe I'll see you back here before I leave for the beach. 

Got to go to the bed. It's almost bedtime. 

2:31 is a little early, but I'm going.

3 comments:

Mollie_Walker said...

I laughed out multi times this post. Almost spit out my coffee with johns "there might be some rocks in Alabama that I want to check out".

CAW said...

A lot has happened in the last 10 months.....good job on the recapping. Good luck John on the rock hunt.

Anonymous said...

It's been a very fun 7 months of 2014 and praying the next 5 will be just as fun!!