Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wrote this yesterday so don't get confused

Well the holiday has finally come to an end and what a delightful one it was. It seemed extremely long and much fun was had throughout the duration. We finished up our movie watching with one of the greatest sports movies of all time, Miracle. I told John last night women are much more varied in their movie watching because what guy would end 3 weeks of Star Wars and Transformers with Pride and Prejudice? It would never happen.

But in order to kick off, albeit sort of early, the Olympics which begins next month, we did indeed watch Miracle. Once again it was grand and still sort of makes me tingle when the victory has been had one more time….makes me want to sigh.

Today has been spent cleaning out my closet and trying to part with clothes that I hope I never need again. Progress was made but I’m still keeping more than I should. The house has been tidied and readied for the onslaught of college life again. This time next year I will have three daughters in college with the eldest close to graduating. Owen may very well be in public school too. Makes my stomach churn. But I will choose to be like Scarlett and worry about that tomorrow. Owen may be playing ball with a local Jr. high very soon. We shall see. I can feel change in the air and I want to stop it. It’s not even necessarily bad or scary change but change is change nonetheless and therefore I resist it almost every single time. God…..something else for us to get busy working on……UGH.

John and I are sleeping at the church tomorrow night and although it’s really not that big of a deal, again all I want to say is, “UGH.”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"So never worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34