Monday, January 25, 2010

Days in January

Well I have been very bad about writing in the last several weeks. I have random things to talk about. Some may be more interesting than others or maybe not at all. Oh well they are still my thoughts and happenings in my life.

Saturday was full with a baby shower, Mollie's birthday party and shopping for Emma's birthday. All came off without a hitch and let me just say I love a bargain. I got Emma a shirt for $2.49 at Old Navy......score! There were bargains galore and now I'm officially ready for her birthday party. The birthday season has officially kicked off with every single month between now and August being full to the brim. And because Mollie shamed me into posting for hers, the pressure is huge to not miss anyone else's. Yikes! I will apologize in advance if I do.

Owen had his first practice after his first game last night. He looked a little rusty and nervous but I'm sure he's gonna settle in just fine. I can't believe I'm seriously thinking about sending him to public school next year. God is gonna get an earful from me in the next few months even though I know how the whole argument will end. Whatever.

On another note, The other night Olivia was getting in the shower in the front bathroom and yelled, "The back commode is running!" And Emma wallering in my bed heard her and randomly yelled back, "Well you better catch it!" I thought they were growing up. I was wrong.

The house has been very very loud lately because Caitlin has been singing any and all songs and statements. It can get pretty crazy at times. Trust me.

We are continuing our girl group movie watching but only on the weekends. School is cramping our style. Friday night we watched Return to Cranford........poor Bessie. Saturday night was a weird new movie called Adam. It was just OK. Not gonna buy it. Sunday night we watched the first part of BBC's Emma. It is quite wonderful. I wish we didn't have to wait till next Sunday night to watch the rest. It even kept Billie out until midnight on a Sunday. Scandalous!

Owen, Olivia and I went for a walk today. Although it's cool outside, you can almost feel Spring in the air. The wind was whipping through the live oak making the most wonderful sound as we walked by. Olivia and I looked at each other and laughed. I can't explain it but I know I will remember that moment for the rest of my life.

3 comments:

CAW said...

that is hilarious....did anyone catch it?????

Lisa said...

yes it was "caught"

gnar car said...

the other day, when it was 70ish and windy, i thought to myself, 'what a wonderful fall day...wait...'