Thursday, January 28, 2010

Well I've been kind of stumped tonight with what to post. There are several emails that I have sort of ready, but they don't seem to fit tonight. Oh well. I'm gonna put some more pictures up for now and think about what else to add later.

Church was good. Jared is doing a great job.

Started talking to Mom yesterday about the history of our family. I can tell some of it's gonna be painful to talk about. Some of it already has been. I know Dad was ahead of his time. I wish he had been able to get farther with his dreams than he did. I wish I had known more about him while he was here on earth. I know he made many more sacrifices for his family than I ever knew about during my lifetime. I know you can't play the what if game because it can drive you crazy, but I really wish you could see what could have been if one decision had been different. One for instance....Dad buying a drug store from a man that had offered to sell his business to him but then changed his mind. Dad and Mom would have built a garage apartment over the carport at Gee's house and he would have walked around the corner to work every day. I wonder what life would have been like if that had happened. I wonder what it would have been like if he had continued to work for Del Monte.

I wonder what would have happened if Gran had taken the job at the Dallas Morning News and moved to Dallas instead of staying in Corsicana. I wonder what would have happened if Mom had graduated from Baylor.

I'm not saying that any of it would have been better.....even though it may have been.......but I would love to sneak a peek at the unchosen road and see what life would have been.

What if we had never moved to Louisiana?
I will end this post with a sigh and a picture I found at Mom's house today.
A picture of Dad working in his lovely backyard in Louisiana
Because they decided and we did...........



One more conversation with him would be enjoyable to have.

1 comment:

gnar car said...

writing that paper about his business really made me wish i had talked to him about it before he died.

great post. i've been thinking about him lately. miss him and his serenades.