Sunday, January 24, 2010

Christmas 2009 was one of the best ever in spite of circumstances that could have made it terrible. Many of us had unknowns....and still do. There were and always will be precious people missing. It wasn't about how much money you made or didn't make. It wasn't about the presents or the food or how dead your Christmas tree was. It was and still is about trusting God in every single area of our lives. That's easily said. It may seem simple but it can be quite difficult. It's about giving God access to our hearts, trusting Him with an uncertain future, about hearts that have been broken before and sadly will probably be broken again. But more importantly it's about understanding just how much God loves each of us and how much He wants the best for every single one of us. It's about knowing that during your most vulnerable and frightening circumstances, God is faithful and worthy to be trusted. And that's why I know I am living in peace right now that does pass up all of my understanding.

It has been for me about learning to keep my mouth shut so I won't derail the promises of God. And let me say some days it takes all the energy in my body to do just that. I told some people yesterday that I haven't talked for about 6 months because what I would have said would have come from looking at circumstances and not looking at God. Don't get me wrong, I'm still striving towards the mark. I'm not so arrogant as to say I've made it. I've made it some and failed some......but God's grace is sufficient for today. And it will be for tomorrow as well.

I am grateful for what God has done for me.
I am grateful for the peace He has given me.
I am thankful for so many things and so many people.
The future really is so bright I have to wear shades........

No comments: