Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I want......

We finished watching a BBC movie called Wives and Daughters. It was OK. I withheld my final opinion until I saw the whole thing since I was so very wrong about North and South.....which has the most romantic ending to a movie in the history of the world.

Posts have not been very prolific lately. I'm struggling. In more than one area. I have some ideas but need more time than I have had with the computer. Puzzles and movies have become the priority these days. However, puzzle season has slowed down drastically and I'm sensing that it will come to an end soon since ULM begins school again Jan. 19. All the studious people will be turning their attentions elsewhere. And I can hear the echo of the crack of the baseball bat just around the corner. It's craziness that January is essentially half over and Christmas trees are just 10 months away. The future is 5 minutes away from being the past.

I want to see the future and I want it to be bright and beautiful. I don't want to feel fearful about anything. I want to know without a shadow of a doubt that God is in control of my destiny and that I don't need to be afraid of what will come next. I want to feel satisfied. I want to be completely trusting of God every minute of every day. I want to feel like I have not let anyone down. I want to know that we will all live happily ever after. I want people to realize that happily ever after takes a lot of hard work. Romantic movies end with a kiss and the dream of happily ever after but there is a reason it just ends with the kiss. I want to understand why things happen the way they do even when I think I tried to do my best. I want to laugh more than I cry. I want to love and be loved all the days of my life. I want to spend more time in the warm Corsicana sun. I want to talk to Gran and listen to him tell his classic stories. I want God to know I did my best even when I thought it wasn't.

No comments: