Saturday, January 30, 2010

Someone was being a little brat

Easter historically has always been a day for taking pictures of families; at least in ours it has been. We would all head to Big Frank and Grandma's wearing our Sunday best so we could take our photos in front of all the beautiful azaleas. For years I made John wear a suit and most of the time my kids had new Easter frocks. It always took forever to get everyone assembled and ready to smile. Sometimes there were no smiles. Sometimes I was so disappointed or angry that it seemed impossible I would achieve even one decent picture.

These photos are no exception. And, I find it interesting that these are the ones I love to display here....not the perfect and precious ones. Clearly Owen was having a bad Easter. You can see from photo to photo that he was screaming his head off. But, the girls had on their game faces ready to cooperate. In the first photo it's apparent Olivia's concerned about the collapsing child just off to her left. It got no better as the shooting continued. Now that the years have passed and I've mellowed, these make me laugh and wish I hadn't made it such a big deal. But, I will say there's sweet revenge in having the attitude of the day captured on film FOREVER.


John trying to reason with a screaming 20 month old.


Owen angrily doing the wave


still waving.......unhappily


The girls know it's over. They're however pleased with themselves knowing they're not the ones that are gonna "get it" when Mom puts the camera down and finally gets her hands on the boy.
Owen may have just found a rock that he was contemplating throwing......who knows.......

2 comments:

gnar car said...

omgggg. i didn't see owen at first in the first pic but once i did, i busted out laughing. HILARIOUS.

gnar car said...

still laughing.

he looks like he's being taken to some orphanage or something. his face is just TRAGIC.