Saturday, January 9, 2010

I'm not feeling it

I have been in a state of what next for the blog in the past few days. I usually have an idea of what the next thing will be but Ive not been feeling it this week. And although it's not a news flash, it's bitter outside and it's starting to get on my nerves. Twenty six degrees to be exact and it's 69 degrees in my den even with the heater on and a fire. The pups, Addy and Dottie, could care less about the cold even to the extreme of trying to go in and out every 5 minutes if we would let them. They lay in the grass as if it's summer. I don't understand it. Rosie on the other hand goes out ONLY when necessary and for as short a time as possible. It makes me VERY grateful for inside plumbing and that I'm not a dog.

And even though I am not all together enjoying the cold weather without snow, it does allow for some new and lovely sights about town. Just look at the fountain below. It's extremely enchanting and without the cold temperatures, we would never enjoy such a sight here in our city.

I guess there is a lesson to be learned about enduring something difficult in order to achieve a thing of beauty. Although I don't necessarily enjoy that, the message has been received loud and clear God.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

photo credit: Lindsey


well, i told you about it.