Saturday, November 28, 2009

A lovely memory

A few weeks ago, I was driving home from the staff meeting at church and as I was passing First United Methodist, their church bells were playing hymns. I pulled into the parking lot and rolled down the windows and sat and listened for a while. As I was sitting across from the bayou, looking off into the water, there were leaves slowly drifting through the air on a soft breeze. As they silently fluttered to the ground, I was completely enchanted. It was such a lovely picture that I caught only in my mind’s eye. Over the years of my life there are other moments like these that I have tucked away in my heart only for me to remember. Many of them would mean nothing to anyone else, but for me, they are precious and I consider them a gift from God. I will never forget the beautiful sights and sounds of this lovely fall day. It was delightful.

No comments: