Sunday, November 29, 2009

A wrap up and on to the next...

November 27, 2009
It was a busy day and I'm tired so I'll not be here long. Christmas trees were bought and placed in their spot to be a guest in our house for the next month. I hope we have the merriest Christmas we've ever had. I suspect good things are around the corner no matter what I see with my mind’s eye.

Love Actually, the clean version, is an excellent movie and we enjoyed it this evening. Still no presents are bought and it makes my stomach a little squishy but I'll make it through no matter what. Tomorrow will come and bring wonderful things for us all. I'm waiting with great expectation.

God is faithful and true and lovely and worthy and I'm grateful for all He's given me and my family. If there's ever any doubt, then I need to pay more attention to the people He's surrounded me with because we have more fun in a few days than many people ever have in a lifetime. So I'm off to bed to try to sleep my worries away and await tomorrow with great anticipation.

November 28, 2009
Well Thanksgiving's over and just as I suspected, a great time was had by all. Turkey and dressing were fabulous and "the sides" as Olivia called them were delicious as well. But because there was so much cooking and visiting going on, it was impossible to post much of anything but I'm hoping to do better this week. This takes a substantial amount of time, lots more than I ever thought it would. But I'm not complaining because I enjoy it quite a bit.

So our Christmas lights....all 9 million of them, are now on our tree and that's all that's been accomplished; so I'll try to forgo my nap and decorate the inside and outside tomorrow.....sigh....it's a daunting task but I think we can do it. Emma will traverse the rooftop in order to put our icicles on and Olivia and I will be her flunkies.....it's a process. But one that we endure every year because Olivia and I are not roof dwellers but Emma is quite nimble when working up there. I hope the work goes quite quick.

This afternoon, Lydia, Olivia and I picked up 17 gallons of pecans. It was quite delightful. We came home and started shelling them and we've only made a small dent, but, we've discovered that Addy prefers them shelled while Dottie's country self just eats the whole thing shell and all. You can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl. When we finish this job, we'll have enough pecans to last for a long long time. I am very excited about this. I'm easily pleased.

Also, the first holiday movie's been watched and we're on to the next. Holiday Inn, with Fred Astaire and Bing Crosby, is the greatest holiday movie of all time. We'll follow up with many more, some of which include, White Christmas, Scrooge, Christmas Vacation, It's a Wonderful Life, The Santa Clause, Home Alone.....and I'll keep my fingers crossed for the worst movie of all time.....A Very Brady Christmas. It's the best worst movie. It's so bad...but I can barely stand it til it comes on. Maybe tomorrow......if I'm blessed.

The first picture of this year's winner for the Herrock Christmas tree.
It's not cat pissy at all in fact it smells quite yummy.
And with Holiday Inn on the TV, it's the perfect holiday pic.
It's Dottie's first Christmas with us.
It's gonna be a great and fun filled Christmas.
And to all a good night.

No comments: