Thursday, November 5, 2009

Trusting God

I have become a mother to Clara for the next few days and I have to say it is very nerve wracking. I worry about her every breath and stumble. It's not much easier mothering a dog that feels poorly than mothering a child that is sick. I remember the fearful nights of vomit and fever and coughs and asthma and croup. Only by the blood of Jesus and the grace of God did we make it through those long dark nights. I can recall many a time lying in the dark next to a sleeping fever filled child praying for healing and fighting fear. When I would get really afraid I would wake John up just so he could tell me it was going to be OK. And he did and it was. And then by morning the fever had broken and the baby and I would sleep the morning away while he got up and went to work and then came home exhausted at the end of the day. He is a good Daddy to little ones and a good husband to me

Sometimes I miss my tiny tots but I'll never miss those long nights. I look back now and see how faithful God was to us and it embarrasses me that I still question whether or not He will still see us through. I know deep in my heart He will and I know I will love Him for the rest of my life. And so Lord I lift up another prayer for little Clara Belle and I ask you to heal her in Jesus name. Make her strong and full of life. Thank you for the lessons I have learned about life through this tiny little thing and thank you for reminding me that you love all creatures big and small. You are faithful to heal every day.
In Jesus name
amen.

Matthew 6:19-34
25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? 28 “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, 29 yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 30 And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? 31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33 Seek the Kingdom of God[d] above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. 34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today

1 comment:

gnar car said...

that scripture is lovely. as is the prayer.