Thursday, November 19, 2009

Another journal entry from October....

October 27, 2009
John and I slept at church last night for Family Promise and it was lots of fun. We got there at 8:45PM and got our stuff set up in our room and then waited for our guests. They arrived at about 9:30 and the little 3 year old boy looked like he could fall down he was so tired. Once the family was settled and in their room, then off to bed we went.....at 11:00. It’s been years and years since I made a bedtime of 11:00 but John scored a DVD player somewhere and we watched Seventeen Again and loved it. We had these not very comfortable cots to sleep on and so we woke up with some aches and pains but overall it was a pleasant experience.

It's also been awhile since I saw 6:30AM and it was pitch dark at that ridiculous hour AND it was raining cats and dogs AGAIN but it was snugly in my house when we got home. So I thank God for my house and the snugness of it and wish people could be happy and safe and sound and have their own homes. It’s a little scary sometimes hoping I’m never in that situation. But I knew we needed to do that service for some reason but we had fun and surprisingly, it went by quickly.

A side note. It's way too much pressure trying to make sure I have something for every day so I started writing before I started my blog. I do have some regrets about not being current, but this helps me stay on target to have something, even if it's simple, every day.

No comments: