Tuesday, November 17, 2009

November 17, 2009

Just as I suspected it would be, today was completely awful. Clara and I spent the morning just as we did last night, snuggled up together in a blanket wishing for a different ending. She was quiet and content, like she always has been. But Jared arrived and bravely drove her to the vet….which is the hardest job in the world when the answers we are waiting for may be terrible. And as they left, if it’s possible, my heart broke even more.

So now I envision Clara running circles around Jesus and Daisy and Bingo as they all enjoy seeing one another. I also think she will know me when I get there....many many many many years from now....and I believe she will be happy and excited and run and jump on me and we will both be satisfied. But for today there is very little to be glad about.

How can our house with 3 big dogs and 6 people seem so empty tonight?

But also with today came a whole new set of prayers that need really good answers for people.
Lord please answer those prayers with miracles.

And so once again begins the work of mending my completely broken heart.
It’s a job only God can do.
I am grateful He is so good at it.

I love you God.
I miss you Clara.

3 comments:

gnar car said...

i will never understand. ever. but she's happy now. running and breathing for days.

Unknown said...

gah... i'm a puddle at work...

Anonymous said...

I was a puddle too when I read it. I wanted her to live and have her book written. I am so sad she couldn't make it but I have Maisy to help me through. She's here for all who need her, come snuggle