Thursday, November 5, 2009

A trip to the diamond mine

This speaks for itself.
We really really have some loony people in our family.

Originated by Maggie
12-29-2007
Whitney, Whitney, Whitney.....

Maggie
Ok. So the diamond adventure was a bust but at least I got to see Whitney at her finest.
The car ride is ridiculous and i'm vowing now that i'm never riding in the back seat of Whitney's car EVER again. Ever. We finally get there and start getting ready. I have all my stuff ready except my hoodie and me and olivia get ready in about 5 seconds. We walk to the sidewalk and have been standing there for a while and we look back and the walkers are dressed in their brownies, hats, gloves and scarves. I thought, Ok this will be fun. I think that we're ready to go and Lydia starts pulling out rubber gloves, wind pant things I don't even know what they were. Again I thought, This is gonna be so much better. (I took a picture)

Everyone gets ready and we take the "tour" in the visitation center, everybody gets stamped and we are ready to go look for diamonds. We all go our own way and me and olivia go one way, whitney is on her own, lydia and mollie are together and owen and john are by themselves.
Me and olivia are going to walk and "search" on the top of the dirt and somehow we were helping the water go down into little streams. Later, we walk upon Whitney who is leaning into the dirt, knees on the ground hands in the dirt. We starting looking around there and suddenly Whitney starts "talking" to the diamonds. Yes, you read right. And if you think that's all she did, think again. She talked to the diamonds......in a french accent. Yes. Yes. Yes.
Whitney:
"Diamonds, come here please."
"Diamonds, where are you?"
"Diamonds, come to me, come up from the dirt, let me see you sparkle."
Oh yes.
Me and olivia look at each other and start laughing so hard you could not believe it. Whilst Whitney is still, still, "talking" to the diamonds.
Then she starts talking about her wind pants falling down and she needs one of us to pull them up. I look at Olivia. Olivia looks at me. And we both start walking the other way. We come back and she still is talking about her pants. I tell olivia "you do it" and she says the same thing to me. I finally break and pull up the pants of a 5 year old. Whatever.
Later she needs someone to pull up the pants again. I look at olivia "its your turn" she pulls up the pants of the 5 year old.
It was muddy and cold. It was interesting. Whitney made it worth it.

Melanie
hahahahahaha that is too funny. Whitney I think you may need some help you are going to the wrong side of crazy!

Emma
hahaha! classic whitney.

Lisa
I am genuinely concerned about her......(Whitney) (for the reference of future books)...talking to rocks.......we need the white nets at the ready.....

In the middle of this email, I found this gmail chat amongst the many responses. Maggie was trying to talk to me.....the me in the chat is of course Lisa.....but I was outside and so she talked to Olivia instead about pillows and pineapples. The reference to the pineapples was Addy's own personal war with a pineapple top that John had planted in a pot and she refused to leave it alone until she killed it. It was a battle between John and Addy and there was no doubt in my mind that Addy would prevail. But the other interesting thing here is that you see the reference about the commercial and the pillow project that was ongoing. That one has already been posted if you missed it.

But once again it was a sort of foreshadowing if you will.......
Maggie
12:13AM Maggie: have you seen the picture
12:14AM me: hello
Maggie: chello
me: its not lisa
she went out to change feathers in pilloows
12:15AM Maggie: is it your robot
michael buble is on 42
12:16AM me: 42?
Maggie: yes
who is this
me: olivia
Maggie: ok
12:17 AM which one are we talking on
me: lisa's
Maggie: ok
did you read my email
12:19AM me: yea
yea
Maggie: why are you answering twice
12:20AM what are you all doing
12:25AM me: hello
12:26AM Maggie: yes
me: we were watching funniest commerical
Maggie: oh is this still olivia
me: yea
Maggie: go to nbc.com
12:27AM and watch the office video of angela
its pretty funny
me: ok
12:35AM me: what are you doing
Maggie: watching the office online you
12:36AM me: I was going to watch the office thing after buble went to commerc
12:37AM my mom was beating a pillow to get feathers out of and addy has them all over her and wanted to get the feather
12:38AM Maggie: hahah wow crazy
12:39AM me: yea now she has someones underwear
(that would be Addy, not me, having someone's underwear)

have you heard about the pineapples
12:48 AM Maggie: yes
12:49 AM me: she just pulled it out again
12:50 AM Maggie: uh oh is john mad
12:52 AM me: he doesnt know I think she is digging
12:53 AM no shes not
Maggie: haha wow
12:54 AM me: patriots won
12:57 AM Maggie: i know im pissed whatever
1:01 AM me: yea
1:07 AM Maggie: ok im gone later

Carrie
girl (Maggie) you crack me up... love the whilst word.... greatness...and I totally got the picture in my head of the whole thing.... too funny......the 5 year old... great.....and Whitney....... what we gonna do wit you girl....too much and since I forgot to fill my adjectives out.... twernt me.. on the sweet...:)

Lindsey
I LOVE WHITNEY!!!!!

Lydia
Whitney is sparkle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa
Whitney is crazy!!

And so ends the night of discussing diamond mines, Whitney's whatever you want to call it....some would say loony....my brilliant pillow project and Addy's personal vendetta against John's pineapple plant. All in all it was a busy night.

3 comments:

gnar car said...

brilliance.

i love how mag and olivia's two way communication was SO EFFECTIVE. .....not.

and whitney, oh whitney...

CAW said...

I love it. I love it all. every post...they are so funny or touching or moving. makes me want to see those pups even more. All of it just great. Laughter is a wonderful thing

Lisa said...

thanks