Thursday, November 18, 2010

My very own home improvement reveal

I'm sure everyone's been waiting with bated breath to see how our bedroom turned out. Now, remember, it's not what I would call dramatic. And, I haven't hung pictures yet and there are still some things out of place but today I'm showing the process we went through and if any new and drastic decorating is added, I'll let you know. SO, here it is. If you hate it, keep it to yourself. This was never intended for public approval.

Obviously these first few photos are the before with Owen trying to hide under the covers.






This primer was to cover all the multi tester shades of paint on the walls. It looked soooo bad after this with colors bleeding through all over the place. I was freaked.




Emma's graffiti


Addy's trying to steal the paint pan.


Everyone but Emma ran for the hills when the paint can got cranked open.


I'm in the background. Addy's trying to nap amidst difficult circumstances.


Clearly we've disrupted her nap time.


Ridiculous.


Emma again, still dutifully painting.


We speed painted. Seriously we could enter if it were an Olympic sport. And I almost like this picture of me. It catches me blending into the wall quite nicely.


Addy needs quiet from the peasant painters.


She's trying her best to ignore the mess and fuss.


Thankfully those are John's pillows. Our children and Addy know no boundaries.


Pretty sure who's bed she thinks this is.


Finished painting and strangely enough this photographed color looks just like it should!


More of the finished product. I'm so happy about it. Owen thought he would be unseen. He spends more time in my room than I do.


Headboard reconstruction and covering took place Saturday afternoon and night.


It's not bronze, it's dark brown...you'll see.




I'm so relieved the crack over our bed has been fixed. I'm sure it means something.


I love it a lot. I'm not good at choosing and envisioning stuff like this so I'm very happy with the final result. The walls are still bare, but I've got some thinking to do about what pictures to hang and where. I need some major updates on photos of my children.






And they both slept happily ever after (and our kids wallered during the day) underneath the new paint and headboard.

The End.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha love addy wallerin that is just too much. But the room looks Great

Jeff said...

love the room...you did such a great job! can't wait to see it in person!

Unknown said...

looks fabulous!!!

COCO said...

LOVE the headboard!