Tuesday, November 2, 2010

An update about the decorating

I think the color has been chosen. I think. There are still many days between now and Friday when the painting is supposed to commence so I hope I don't waiver between now and then…but it's always possible. I went crazy and chose a very "out there" color called interactive cream. It’s a crazy cream. Actually it’s so crazy it’s probably just a tad darker than what I had before.

See for yourself.



What can I say?
It's me living on the edge.

The fabric swatches are taped to the wall so I can ponder. I'll have to make one more trip to the fabric store soon and for anyone that knows me well, that's not good. Shopping for fabric is like going to the dentist....nothing good ever comes from it.

Now I’ve taken pictures to show the progress and the current mood of the room. Don’t judge me. I know most of what you see is out of date but I’m working on a very tight budget so it’s not gonna be like TV different. This will be a slow process. Also I have cropped some pictures so as not to show people that our bed is not made. But….why did I crop the pictures if I then told everyone why I cropped the pictures? Hmmmm….someone is stupid.

Here come the colors:

Most of this is the sage green called Ecru and even though it's not really offensive in the picture, it REALLY IS in person. This pea color is masquerading as taupe in this photo but it's not fooling me for a second. It's really really bad in the real life I'm living. The little bit of color on the right is whole wheat. It's lying as well. It's a gold as gold can be.


On the left once again is interactive cream and on the right we have bagel. Bagel turned gold as well and then only made me hungry. NONE of these colors are portraying themselves accurately in these photos.


These colors are sand dune on the left, sand dollar in the middle and whole wheat once again on the right. The sand family went all color purple on me in the room. It's craziness. Taupe is now becoming purple? It's very shifty. Also note this is john's side of the room. There's many discussion points here. Note the fishing poles to the left of his dresser, also the fishing hat ON the dresser, and over by his side of the bed are fishing magazines. I can't tell you the number of "discussions" we've had about all the fishing stuff in our bedroom. John insists the poles can't go in the attic because they will warp or some such nonsense. These poles are precious to him. If someone yells fire at any moment, I expect John to trample me on the way to grabbing his fishing poles. It's taken me many years, but I've resigned myself to that fact. I on the other hand will be grabbing that hat to make sure it goes INTO the fire.



A cropped photo of John's side.


Now as I said before, don’t judge me. This room looked great 11 years ago. That's Owen trying to hide under the covers while I was taking pictures. And if you can tell, his head is right in the area where the head board is filthy. My kids may be the last 4 on earth that don't have TVs in their bedrooms. SO, instead they come into my room and wallow like there's no tomorrow. The other night when I went to bed, I got in and was smushing my feet all around when I promptly ran into Owen's dirty socks UNDER MY COVERS! I showed great personal restraint not waking him up at 2 in the morning whilst shoving his socks in his face. Even though I wanted to, I did not.

Also right in the middle of the floral print is the skunk stripe looking all faint and unobtrusive on film, however; it's VERY noticeable in the real life that's in my head and in my bedroom.

Just a few days ago....except for a crack and some filth, this all looked pretty normal.

This must all come to a peaceable end soon.

Editor's note: Each and every paint color shown here refused to cooperate in showing their "true colors" so unless you can get to my house in the next couple of days, you shall never know exactly what all this looks like for reals. In person it's quite extraordinary. And then last night I dreamed I was trapped in the ugliest rainbow ever imaginable.

It's all my own personal nightmare.

If only it were the end....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

its like our own personal HGTV show!!

Anonymous said...

I can attest that the colors are lying in photo. They are soooo much more purple and gold and pea green in person. I did like the sand dollar color a wee bit but it did have a pinkish hue. The finished product is going to be BEAUTIFUL