Monday, November 15, 2010

A secret about me

Here's a secret about me. I have never liked the hymn Amazing Grace and I'm not ashamed of it. Everyone has a hymn or church song they don't like. This one just happens to be mine. Well apparently God either wanted me to rethink that or wanted me to see it in a different light. Let me tell you what happened.

Yesterday, we sang a song at church. It started off as the regular Amazing Grace song and I thought oh my gosh I'll just get through it, but it sounded a little different. There was a chorus that I'd never heard before and I really liked it. It still has the verses from the original song but the chorus I'd never heard before. Well, the song brought the house down. So today I looked it up on youtube and found the song. It's by Chris Tomlin. I love it. If you want to have a listen, the name is Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) by Chris Tomlin.

Also, if for some reason you don't think God had anything to do with this then it's certainly your prerogative to disagree. But I choose to believe He's completely interested in every second of my day....because He is.

Our family calls occurrences like this love notes from God.

I love them.

And I love Him.

He's always faithful and good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A big amen to that!!!

Becky said...

Love, love, love this! Love God's love notes and winks!