Friday, November 5, 2010

Cutie pie me

Fall is just not cooperating with me at all this year and therefore I've had a huge lack of pictures to post. It's so disappointing. There's still time and many leaves to turn beautiful colors. I'm still hoping.

Here are some photos of yours truly when I was just the cutest little thing ever. I was a little iffy about devoting a whole post to myself but I'm gonna do it this time.

Have a look see.

That's me in the front row, very middle. I'm the tallest girl in the picture. Also I'm holding hands with the little girl next to me. How cute....however, I have NO IDEA who that chick is. But, I love my dress. The paper hat situation is a whole other thing. If it weren't for me being so adorable, it might have ruined my entire ensem. This is from my kindergarten class at Covenant Presbyterian Church, which just so happens to be the same church where John and I got married. Sooo weird because we weren't Presbyterians EITHER TIME. Anyway, I now need to address my mother Billie June to once more ask the question, "Do you remember when you missed my kindergarten graduation?" Wonder how many times in the last 46 years I've mentioned that? I'm sure it's not yet time for me to be over it.

I look rather happy and sweet. Too bad it didn't stick.


O. M. G. that's me on the left at my first communion at Jesus the Good Shepherd Catholic Church. Once again I'm adorable. I was so sick that day. I had fever and a sore throat. But nuns give you a slap on the cheeks and say, "SUCK IT UP WALKER! There's no crying in first communions." OK......that didn't really happen and that's probably why I spent A LOT of time in confession before this ceremony. I literally made stuff up before I went in "the booth" to talk to the priest. I said stuff like I disobeyed my parents, I didn't take the trash out....all made up stuff. I had no idea what to confess. That's a lot of pressure on an 8 year old. If I got 3 Hail Marys for a penance I knew I had made up just the right amount of sins, but if I got some Our fathers or a whole rosary, then I knew next time I needed to "back off" of the big stuff. Although I don't remember what the "big stuff" was I confessed. This is all true information and not made up at AT ALL...I promise. That's my best friend Lisa Angelini with me. Her family lived in the same neighborhood with us....and they still do. Look back there off to the left, there's a nun keeping an eye on people. They had eyes everywhere and weren't afraid of ANYTHING. I still dodge nuns to this day. They are some of the scariest people in the land. This is also the church where at the Christmas Eve service I dropped the heavy bracelet in the very quiet part of the ceremony. It hit the pew and Becky, sitting next to me, was NOT amused. I was such a misunderstood child. Sigh......


In this picture I'm on the top right next to the nun. That's the scariest place to be...RIGHT NEXT TO THE NUN!! Her name was Sister Joseph Marie and she had bad knees. I have no idea why I remember that. BUT she always pinched the fire out of my cheeks ALL THE TIME!! WHY?! WHY did she have to pinch the cheeks so hard? I thought she was mean but she's doesn't look too mean here. It must be a ruse because there were witnesses present. Yep, that's probably it. There were 5 Lisa's in my class and because my name started with a W, I always got called Walker and I hated it. Or they called me Mary which they loved because she was the mother of Jesus but I didn't like that either. Some of the peeps in the picture are Mark, Clesi, Martha, James, Greg, Jamie, Kim, Marguerite, Mary Ellen, Theresa. I could go on but why should I because none of y'all know any of these people anyway. I have no idea who the priest is. One of the boys in the photo, also one of my best friends, moved away from Monroe and I never saw him again. He contracted HIV and died of AIDS. I also had no idea he was gay.


This is me during more of the Good Shepherd years. I was freckle faced and cute. But there's an eyebrow problem that still plagues me today. You'll see in a later photo.


Here, although my hair is a little disheveled, I still look cute. And once again I don't care what Billie June says the BANGS ARE RIDICULOUS! Take me to a beauty parlor to get them cut. It's just not right!


This hair style is questionable and I'm not loving the photo. Maybe the eyebrow problem finally got to me and therefore I hid the offense with bad hair. There's really no other explanation.


This is me in our groovy green bedroom. Our rooms were always cutely decorated at all ages. Becky has that flowered blanket (which I love) at her house. That's our cat Delilah sitting on my shoulder. Frank and Dale were not nice to this cat. This is the room where I hit my head against the wall looking for my bed pillow which happened to be the same color as the wall. Although it sounds really stupid, it might not sound as bad if I'd only done it once....hit my head against the wall that is....but oh no I did it more than once. I recall after the first attempt thinking it was my pillow, "Wow that hurt but that's got to be my pillow.....wait for it....BAM second time.....OK that's definitely not my pillow." Not only was I easily frightened as a child, I was also apparently an idiot. And one last thing, I don't actually remember having a British phase of my wardrobe but obviously my shirt was an homage to England? I don't know....


This was my 7th grade yearbook picture at Lee Jr. High. I NOW think I'm adorable with my chubby cheeks and freckles. I DID NOT think that back then. I distinctly remember this outfit. It was a pant suit.....yes a matching pant suit....and with it I wore navy blue boots that laced up the front. They were fabulous! This outfit was as groovy as our bedroom; that's the only word that best describes this look. I DO NOT remember this shirt AT ALL. That collar, if not attended to properly, could put someone's eye out. It's almost a foot long! And one last newsflash concerning my eyebrows, look at that gaping hole in the brow on the left. It still looks EXACTLY like that with no brow hair in that spot! Is that a design flaw? Why didn't and still won't my brows cover evenly? UGH! Evenly growing eye brows might have changed the entire course of my life. Double UGH!!


This now concludes this narcissistic post devoted entirely to myself.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved this and laughed out loud at the pillow story. I laugh every time. I also laugh at the hitting your back with the brush story. They're oddly similar.... Also! When you didn't come home and gma went looking for you and you had decided to stay for Brownies. And then she made you do it. Also hilarious!

Anonymous said...

So love those stories I too laughed out loud. I am shocked at how much I think Owen looks like you. Never really saw that till now.

Jeff said...

me three...laughed out loud that is!!!!!! :) this was GREAT...can't wait to hear how your girls weekend went! i know yall will have so much fun!
love yall!