Friday, November 19, 2010

Believe it or not, these pictures are related

First have a look at all the pictures














In the goofy pictures of Emma, she's wearing onion goggles that Olivia bought her for Christmas. Now before you start thinking wow what a terrible gift, Emma actually asked Olivia for them and Olivia got them this past June when the girls went to Dallas with the gmaw. She's had them hidden til the other day when Emma was about to cut onions and Olivia decided to help her out by producing the goggles. So Emma used the goggles, saved her tears and cut an onion. However, there was one stipulation. Olivia's still going to wrap them for Emma for Christmas.

Which brings me to the picture of the flowered hat. This is my aunt Nina's hat she got for Christmas when she was very young. Nina was born in 1907 and this hat back in the day was fantastic. Well the story about the hat is that Nina knew she was getting it for Christmas and it was already wrapped and under the tree. But, before Christmas there was a dance she was going to attend and she wanted to wear her Christmas present. Her mother let her open the hat, wear it to the dance and then Nina rewrapped it, put it back under the tree and reopened it on Christmas morning. If you knew my aunt Nina you would know that it sounds exactly like something she would have done. Of the many stories I've been told about my family, this is one of my favorites. And when I heard the story, I knew I wanted to have her hat.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the hat is STILL fabulous!! as are the goggles. I never knew something like that existed!