Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Finishing June

CANNOT believe June is in the books, or there just about. Summer's zooming just as I knew it would. Unfortunately, many of my summer days have been filled with routine doctor appointments in order to ensure I'm somewhat healthy. I'm happy to report I am. But there's one thing for certain, doctors have no respect for any orifice of the body. And with that declaration, I'm gonna stop right there. Just know that your day is coming when they want to stick stuff in places that make you want to say, "You're gonna do what where?"

Last Friday Owen got his whole real driver's license. OMG. Sending him off alone won't be easy for awhile to come. Not sure it's any easier sending the other three off as well!

With last Saturday came the end to my social calendar for the year. It ended with a bang with a baby shower in the afternoon followed by another lovely wedding that night. I have no pics of either event, so just imagine both were lovely.

My interest in Pinterest has repeaked since school's been out. I've just one gripe. Just because you take a photo of a naked person doesn't mean it's art, in fact most of the time it's not art, it's just naked. So keep you clothes on, cause I don't want to see that.

Owen's summer baseball is coming to a close which is slightly sad, except for the fact it was 100 degrees this afternoon at 5:30. For the first time ever Owen drove himself by himself to the ballpark. I made him text me when he got there, even though it's barely a mile away. His sisters passed him on their way home from work and it amused me that they expressed concern as well. But I'm happy to report, he made it there and back home safely. We seem to be finishing up the end of the ball year with multi 5:30 games, and besides the fact that it's hot, there's another very specific problem. The ballpark is located across from an apartment complex which houses many small children and their families. And EVERY TIME we're there for an early game, an ice cream truck comes to taunt their little ears with the drum beat of the ice cream man. And while I fully support the sugaring up of other people's children, the ice cream song is pure evil to my ears. I have no words for how much I want to kill the speaker in this blue and white nightmare that comes to ruin my day. And that's exactly what it's mission is. It's NOT to bring joy to children, as well as cold creamy relief from the afternoon heat. Nope, it's there to make me crazy. That song's embedded in my brain for eternity. And if I had the address of the ice cream man, as well as his awful song, I'd get in my car right now and go play it outside his bedroom window. He deserves it for reals. And after I was arrested for disturbing the peace, I'd have to ask the officer, "Where the heck were you this afternoon when my peace was being disturbed?" And as I rode off to jail, my point would be made.

Over the weekend some of the girls went to see Coldplay in Dallas. It's by far still their first love. Scroll down to see a few pictures of them enjoying themselves. Makes me wish a little that I'd gone. Maybe next time.

Pre Coldplay anticipation.


They're getting excited.


Olivia's excited. And check out the photo bomber behind her. Kudos to her whoever she is.


Carlie's got the crazy eyes.


The crazy eyes contagioned over to Olivia. But there's no doubt they're all excited.


The grins remained for hours as I'm told Caitlin and Emma danced the night away.


Upon arrival at the venue, all attendees were given a lighted bracelet run by a sensor. During certain songs, the light played with the rhythm of the music. Fantastic. Some guy somewhere came up with this brilliant idea, and now he's probably a gazillionaire as well as besties with Coldplay. I'm so jealous of smart people.


A blue and happy Olivia.


Cool.


Bouncy balls to hit around the auditorium.


Confetti.


And I'm told an amazing light show.


It was a memorable trip for all involved.

And now I'm signing off.

After all it's 2:31 in the a m.

Next up soon, church pics from the Texas wedding. Just got some refining to do.

Sweet dreams to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They did have a wonderful time. AND i know where the ice cream truck lives. But since I don't want to have your name in the paper as being arrested for disturbing the peace I won't tell you where!! Owen will do fine driving himself, be fine

gnar car said...

sigh, coldplay.

Caitlin said...

Best night of my life so far!!! I most certainly did dance the night away...