Thursday, June 21, 2012

Breaking down the Texas trip

The Texas posts will commence in the coming days. I've got some business to attend to in the next couple, so I'm not sure if there will be any up this weekend. I've uploaded LOTS of pictures and it seems my blog has become mostly pictures accompanied by smart aleck commentary. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Anyway, here we go with another explanation and the obligatory pics. But I thought I'd do the explaining a different way, documenting who went with who and how, when and where. It's sort of epic.

Here goes our big family's pilgrimage to Dallas. Dale and Lydia drove to Corsicana on the Sunday before the wedding to stay the week and then drove to Dallas on Friday. Jared, who'd been through Texas for business on Thursday, got home to Monroe that night and then got in the car with Whitney and Mollie on Friday. The three of them arrived in town Friday night. And on the way back, Jared saw his shadow on the highway. Melanie, Grandma, Carlie and Maggie left on Thursday to shop and drop, and then Randy came on Friday in his truck. Lindsey and Bill went on Friday with wee Willie in tow. Me and my five peeps and two dogs came Saturday in two cars, with the boys against the girls in a non existent driving competition.

Once in Dallas, the travel plans got interesting with many people switching cars in order to get where everyone needed to be. The six of us, Maggie and our dogs left at midnight after the wedding to go to Corsicana, while Jared and Dale also left Saturday night to get home for church the next day. Lydia stayed with her girls in Dallas, and the three went home Sunday night. Lindsey, Bill and William, as well as Randy and Carlie all went back to Louisiana Sunday afternoon. Carrie came to spend a few days with us at the farm from Sunday to Tuesday. On Monday, Melanie and Grandma drove to Corsicana with a u-haul literally in tow bringing a sleeper sofa from Becky and Keith's house. Then Caitlin went home Tuesday since ULM went to the playoffs in baseball. Woo Hoo!! On Wednesday, Melanie, Grandma and Maggie went home so the Mags could start a summer school session on Thursday. Once again, me and mine were the last to go home on Sunday. And I'm exhausted, but not really.

The festivities really got underway on Friday night with William's arrival, since Becky and Keith were meeting him for the first time. And when William shows up, a party ensues. There's a baby in that midst.


I promise he's there.


There, in his froggy pjs looking scrumptious.


Goodness the footy pjs.


The life of the party is out like a light, but he's fun even when he's sleeping.


I'm talking lights ouuuttttt.


We see you Carlie.


On Saturday me and mine were on the road with Addy having "called" the whole middle area of the car to herself. Rosie, who by my count, is between 105 and 112 years old, got the whole back seat in the boy car. Addy brought her puffs in case she felt sneezy.


This place is our standard stop when headed west, here's how we roll. We make chicken salad sandwiches the night before, as seen wrapped in wax paper on the dash in the photo below. Then we drive to this place, that has 9 different icees, and therefore considered a little piece of heaven to my grown kids. However, the ONLY kind any of them ever get is white cherry, which I find limiting as well as disgusting (I hate all things cherry). But because lots of times we have dogs with us, we shop in shifts, reconvene and quick as a flash, we're off again!


Caitlin, doesn't usually have such formal hair for traveling but she was "wedding ready" when we left home.


The "limo seat" was ocupado by the two ladies throwing the deuces. Standard traveling practice for Emma is, book in hand. Headphones in place. She's like an all encompassed hermetically sealed booth when in the car.


Addy enjoyed her large luxurious space.


Sun and reading ready.


The non competitive boys took second all day. They didn't know there was a race.


I like the occasional crooked shot.


We arrived safely in plenty of time to meet Carrie at her house, so we could change and leave the doggies there.


Now while we were traveling, earlier arrivers were having a pool party We missed it. And I'm still bitter about it.


Grandma didn't suit up, but Whitney did.


As did Bill and Lindsey.


Looks like the pond was close to capacity, and I'm told super chilly!


Becky's lovely flowers.


Gotta love a petunia.


Looks like somebody did something, and Carlie's whistle blowing.


I'm loving Bill in those glasses, but he looks pretty attached to that flotation device. Just stand up Bill! You can touch! I promise. And just as an aside, because I'm such an awesome typer, I often type Bull for Bill and have to go back and correct.


There's a scenario about to take place. See Whitney floating serenely? See brother nearby?


Don't see Whitney floating serenely? See brother laughing?


Cause she got dunked. Brothers. I don't expect William, the angel child, to do this ever. Ever.


Now he's got her in a neck pinch saying, "Smile for the camera."


Hey, where's the kid?


Maggie snuck in and made the grab.


Next up. Did all people arrive at the wedding with ample time to spare?

Stay tuned and we shall see.

This chick is out.

5 comments:

gnar car said...

it was quite an impromptu pool part but fun nonetheless! missed ya'll though!

gnar car said...

party*

Anonymous said...

Excellent documentation!! I look forward to the next posts.

Caitlin said...

I rocked the ride there! Boom!

Caitlin said...

I also love those pics of William completely out while his mommie holds him up on display.