Friday, September 17, 2010

The boys and the hunting

Boys are so different from girls.

Why do they like to shoot things?
I don't.

Why do they like to get dirty?
I don't.

Why don't they mind cutting the heads off of dead things and making me sick? I don't know but when John fishes, he brings em home and cuts the heads RIGHT OFF. It's so gross.

Why do they like to buy All Terrain Vehicles? I don't know but I LOVE an ATV.
Finally some common ground.

For the first time ever in Corsicana, the boys went hunting and I'm pretty sure the only ones disappointed in the experience was the doves.

The dogs had a great time too. They did their job. BUT the next time one of them licks you either by accident or on purpose, remember at one time, they had a dead bird in their mouth. ewwww

And Owen's being in these pictures is just an illusion. He has never picked up a real gun in his life. So far, he's not one of the "shooters." Don't think he ever will be. Have a gander at the mountain boys. Well, there are no mountains....I just like the way it sounded.

What a lovely All Terrain Vehicle with people in it.


Getting ready to head down the road...dogs and peace lovers in the back please.


They have returned with dead birds. This is considered success.


This picture and the next are basically the same but I couldn't resist putting both in. The ONLY reason I used this one is because of Randy's side look or "crook eye." Not sure what that's about but it amuses me. Austin, Jared and the dogs however were on point.


Same picture....less amusing.


Heading out again. If only the doves could have had meetings and organized a counter strike. But alas they have tiny brains, no meeting rooms and no weaponry. But that would have only excited the boys even more cause instead of hunting, they would've been "warring" with the birds. Somehow I think the boys would have only enjoyed that more....hiding behind bunkers and getting dirty....right up their alley.


One jerk from Randy and Austin would have been on the ground. Sigh.....missed opportunity.


As I said Owen doesn't hunt but I'm glad he squeaked into the picture. John, Keith nor Dale participated....or pretended to have.


If I cropped the birds out, this would just be some boys and Tex hanging around my ATV.


Texas or as I call her Texie Mex.


Cammie....or Cameroon and Maisy. I have no nickname for Maisy unless of course it's Princess because as I've stated before, she has NO IDEA she is a dog.


Love this picture of Maisy taking off. Almost all of these pictures are Melanie's.

All in all it was a successful hunting trip. And even though they like to get dirty and kill things, I'm very pleased with our group of boys. I think we'll keep them. They do after all kill bugs quite nicely as well. It's a MUST in a girls' world!

I have had no idea what to do with these pictures and finally.....I think I got the right amount of documentation mixed with the perfect amount of smart aleck. It may begin....or already have begun to annoy people.

Yep sounds like me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No annoyance at all I love the smart alekiness (how do you spell that) and the documentation. It's all PERFECT!!