Sunday, September 19, 2010

Forgiving myself

I receive lots of devotionals every day. I'm always trying to work on my attitude and how to make it better instead of what it usually is, which is terrible. I fight my attitude almost every minute of every day. Most of the time I focus on all the mistakes I make and have made over my lifetime, even though I know God has forgiven me for all of them. But it's rare that I let my failures go. And He doesn't even remember the failures that I constantly beat myself up about. Just last night I said to John I guess I've just made too many mistakes to get blessed. I'm trying to replace that with the truth.

Someday, I hope I believe it in my heart.

I'm working towards that goal every day.

It's not been easy for me.

So, when I receive a word like this one I got today, I'm reminded that I'm the one that's hard on myself. Not God.

So, if you struggle with this as well, ask God to forgive you for the mistakes you've made.

He does it instantly.

Then don't forget to forgive yourself.

No matter how hard it may be.

I know of what I speak.

What The Lord Is Saying Today
September 19, 2010.

A master jazz musician shared how when he was playing in concert with his renowned mentor, he hit a wrong chord. He noticed something unusual. His mentor played around the wrong chord and made something beautiful out of it. When the younger man later apologized for the wrong chord, the mentor said, "I didn't hear a wrong chord. Instead, I heard something new and built something beautiful out of it." The Lord says, "Do you remember the wrong chords you have played in life? And did you notice how I built something beautiful out of it? I tell you, those wrong chords do not exist for Me. I do not hear them. Each one is a starting place for something wonderful. Now go play your song and sing your tune with the excellence in ability I have given. Forget worrying about the wrong chords. I have.

Hebrews 8:12 "For I will be merciful and gracious toward their sins and I will remember their deeds of unrighteousness no more."
Ras Robinson

1 comment:

Jeff said...

i LOVE this post...sometimes forgiving ourselves is SO much harder than forgiving others. know you are much loved by many people! :)
here's to a great week...