Wednesday, September 29, 2010

October in Corsicana

It's so difficult to choose between Spring and Fall as my favorite seasons. They're both fantastic. Each has cool weather, beautiful colors and both rescue us from either very cold or very hot weather. I guess I love them equally. Combine lovely weather and brilliant colors with Corsicana, and for me, it may be perfection. And although I have thousands of pictures of Texas bluebonnets, I have no fall photos of trees and leaves. I'll have to fix that. But I do have many pictures of the pasture in the late afternoon sun. It's indescribably beautiful. The sun sets just perfectly to allow for the most beautifully lit afternoons. Back in the day, when people were younger....ahem....football was the sport of choice for fall in Corsicana.

This is Suzie, Carmen, John, Meredith, Melanie and Lindsey.


I've posted this before but it's worth another. Bessie on her porch. I wish she was still sitting there.


Same people as before but Randy and Austin are added.


We have made so many trips to Texas I'd love to know how many miles have been traveled to get there and back....it's got to be in the hundreds of thousands. Many Octobers found as many of us who could traveling to Texas to celebrate Gran's birthday on the 5th. The fall weather would have kicked in by then and it was always so enjoyable. The weather, the company....it makes my heart hurt today. I want it back so much. Just to have the time with Gran and Grandma and Mollie and Nina would be wonderful.

I love to remember the memories but I also love to see the memories as well. I love photographs for that reason. Even if I've forgotten, all I have to do is open a photo album and the evidence is right there to remind me.

Gran will be 107 next week. Wonder what he's up to these days?

1 comment:

CAW said...

Whatever he is doing I bet there's a garden involved ;-)