Wednesday, August 25, 2010

This is how we spent our Saturday/John and Caitlin's birthday

Finding out Lindsey and Bill are pregnant!!!

The pregnant couple went from house to house with a present (a baby onesie inside) for someone to open. As you can see, Melanie was the first to get the "gift." She was so excited she was obviously faster then the camera!


Checking the pregnancy tests (thank God for baggies.)


And then hugs all around.


So happy and thankful.


Bill looks a little stunned here. Umm hmm, that's how dad's faces usually look....overwhelmed or confused.


And by this time Bill has already tallied the costs THROUGH college and is thinking WHAT THE!!!


When they showed up at my house, the "present" was for Caitlin and I was CLUE...LESS about what was happening!! It worries me about myself because I'm sayin I had no idea. I'm hoping I was just thrown off because it was John and Caitlin's birthday, but I'm not sure....I may be a little slow.

Bill, Lindsey, Melanie, Carlie with her camera, and Maggie all walked in our house asking about the birthday party and I immediately thought, "Oh crap, were we having a big family birthday party?" But I KNEW we weren't. These people were just here to eat our birthday cake! But then Lindsey gave Caitlin the gift and I was thinking, "Wow is must be really good cause this looks like such a big deal!"

Then.....and only then....when Caitlin said and I quote, "Are you freaking pregnant?" People began squealing incessantly! Yes it was a very big deal!

This is me trying to get the little chipmunks up to speed in their little carousel in my head.


This is me still totally bewildered.


That's right genius....finally I know what's going on.


And I decided to give myself a hand for figuring it out ONLY after I'd been told.


The girls are excited.


John looks like he's just been told supper's ready.


Lindsey pausing to pray....ha ha ha not really.


Owen looking at a pregnancy test for the first time in his life and thinking, "Holy holy crap I had no idea you pee on a stick to find out this kind of important life changing information!"


And then it was Grandma's turn. She's not much of a brighter bulb than me cause she was dumb as dirt about it as well. At first she thought 15 people walked in to give her an empty bag. Lindsey then stepped in to help her with the contents.


Billie June KNOWS she's not pregnant.


Her chipmunks are gearing up the wheel.


Finally all's been revealed and understood.


Do we have?


Victory? YYYYEEEESSSSSSS!


Little girls that grew up together sharing grown up blessings.


Lots of joy for answered prayers.

What a great day.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

8 long months to go even as fast as time flies this will feel like a crawl. Woohoo gonna be a grandma!!!!!!,

Unknown said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwww so perfect!!!!! what an awesome time we're gonna have with a baby!! so blessed!!!!! Thanks for the tribute!!!