Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday musings

I'm making myself sick with this header picture of a Florida sunset but I had to post it. Melanie took this in 2008 and we should be there or just been there or close to being there...whatever it's terrible to be here and not there. Instead, at some point in time, we were picked up, moved to the equator and no one told us. Right outside my back door, it's 100.4 degrees....that's too many degrees piled together by about 25. Lord have mercy on us and send fall weather soon...please!

I have some more Florida pictures to post but scanning's in my future and that's less than wonderful.

The curtain rose and fell on my acting career today at church. That's all I'll say about that.

Addy now circles the dinner table as we eat placing her head on people's legs so as to remind everyone she's there and hungry. It has occurred to me that she's so bad because we have allowed it.


A little boy named Hank, about 6 or 7 years old, was at church this morning and he was standing next to Dale during worship when he noticed a microphone laying on the pew. He proceeded to pick it up, turn it on and sing into the microphone and everyone could hear it. At one point when he wasn't certain it was on, he beat on the top of it with his hand. I was very amused by the entire incident.

And because of my enjoyment of that icicdent, it's possible I'm still not a grown up at 51 years old.

We're beginning our church wide read the whole Bible in 60 days today. That's 20 chapters a day to make it happen. Surely I can do this? Surely.

There are certain girls at church I catch making eyes at Owen. Hmmmmm.

Fishing in 100 plus heat is stupid. Did you hear that John? Yeah I said it. Between that and football starting, it's that time of year when he will begin losing brain cells.

I've eaten cake 3 days in a row.

My eyes are now heavy so I'm putting the Bible reading off....uh oh...making sure the AC is on snow and pulling a blanket up to my nose. The rest will happen organically.

Lights out

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I need to know more about the acting.

Hank?? Pure hilariousness.

Anonymous said...

Are we starting with genesis????

Lisa said...

Yes we start at Genesis...20 chapters a day.

gnar car said...

try doing it a month.

I GOT YA'LL BEAT.

Jeff said...

this was hilarious to me...and i needed hilarious tonight! it's like i have audio of you in my head when i read...it's fabulous!!!!
hope you are catching some snowy zzzzz's...off to attempt the same!