Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The week that I'm living...

Well this week isn't producing much excitement around here except the robbery of course. So far the biggest news is John put flea medicine on our dogs and it drove them nuts. Poor dogs, but it had to be done. And Addy's losing hair in certain spots on her back and she has red splotches on her as well. Ugh....I don't want to go to the vet so I Benadryled her up like I used to do my kids and she went down like a house of cards. Gotta love me some Benadryl.

Also I still hate walking for exercise. If I had a goal, like, walking towards ice cream...I'd probably be much more enthusiastic.

Another also if anyone's interested I found some more pictures of our uncle Joe and I added them to the post I did of him. Go back and take a look if you'd like.

It rained tonight for the first time in 2 months...hallelujah! I've missed rain.

Yesterday it occurred to me that I hadn't moved forward on chronicling the year 1999, but it has now begun. Not sure how long it's gonna take but since 1998 was not so good, the follow up of 1999 isn't much better. But I'm gonna do it. The years of 1998 and 1999 had lots of difficult things happen in our family such as surgeries, medical issues, more than one car accident...I'll be glad to get back to the good stuff. But as for me, as life happens, I discover I haven't been able to escape the difficult times. You know those times where you sit and wallow and say, "Why me God?" It's curious to me that when I've been hit in the face with a pile of poo I always say why me but when the good times are rolling I rarely ask that question. So as I live my life and learn as I go, I continue to pray and hope for the best. And even though I want the great stuff for everyone, it just hasn't always worked out that way.

Some day, when I'm ready, and I'm not yet, I'll tell about the year that was for John and I and our kids. It was the most difficult year of our marriage and our family but we are still here. We are still together and we didn't kill each other. We stuck it out together through the uncertainty of jobs and money and the death of our beloved Dottie and I feel like I can breathe a little bit....for now. Tough times knows no age, gender or religion.

Which reminds me I did finish my Bible reading in 60 days. I know people were waiting on the edge of their seats for this information. I started a new Bible reading on October 1. So far so good.

The changes that may be ahead for me and my family in the next year are making my stomach a little iffy but I know there's nothing I can do about it. This time next year Caitlin may not even be living in Monroe.

Growing pains hurt no matter how old you get.

No comments: